crank bro's joplin remote kit

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
how easy are they to fit? im pretty good at most stuff, but never had experience of remote posts before, might strip it down too if its also a fairly easy task?

cheeers

Comments

• jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    The fact it's a seat post isn't that relevant. It's easier than setting up a rear mech, just read the instructions - 1/2 hour job. Same again for stripping down.

Just out of interest, how long have you had it if you haven't stripped it down yet?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    jj1048 wrote:
    The fact it's a seat post isn't that relevant. It's easier than setting up a rear mech, just read the instructions - 1/2 hour job. Same again for stripping down.

Just out of interest, how long have you had it if you haven't stripped it down yet?

bout two weeks, but i bought it second hand, seems to be fine, but seeing as im messing around with it. may as well give it a quick tinker while im there :)
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    lawman wrote:
    bout two weeks, but i bought it second hand, seems to be fine, but seeing as im messing around with it. may as well give it a quick tinker while im there :)

Ah , the golden rule of bike fettling , keep fixing it till its broke :D
    Good lad.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Had mine for ages now, my home made gaitor is keeping it running sweet, even after a few crashes and heavy landings.
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    Fitted my remote in about 30 mins and that included choosing the routing for the cable. Very easy to do and made a huge difference to using the lever under the saddle
  • my home made gaitor
    :?:

puppet1.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You need to get to a zoo, boy, I said gaitor, not gator :lol: