FSA Carbon Team Issue crankset installation ...

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I ordered this new crankset (via classifieds) and it will be turning up tomorrow, as it was taken straight off a new bike it doesn't come with any installation instructions.

Am I correct in thinking it follows this process (as per HTII):

Fit drive side through BB etc

Align non-driveside crank arm correctly and just tighten bolt until crank arm securely in place?

Also, should I grease the splines on axle before fitting? FSA recommend it on some cranksets but not on others.

Anything else I have to be aware of?

Thanks in advance

p1010001fq.jpg

I cannot seem to locate the tech doc on the FSA Webby.

Comments

• Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    Give everything a good clean before fitting.
    Add some grease to the BB threads and install BB.
    Grease the splines on the crank arm before fitting the non drive side arm.

Make sure you keep checking the crank after every ride to make sure it hasn't come lose as some have a habbit of coming lose after the first or second ride.
  • The Big Cheese
    Thanks Dave,

My main concern was that it was only 1-bolt (no pinch bolts) holding it all together.

Im running this with a Shimano BB-91 press-fit adapter on my S-Works so won't be using the MegaExo BB.

Thanks again!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Are you sure that'll fit? Not all the FSA BBs are the same. I don't know it won't, but I'm not sure it will fit the Spesh adapter.
  • The Big Cheese
    njee20 wrote:
    Are you sure that'll fit? Not all the FSA BBs are the same. I don't know it won't, but I'm not sure it will fit the Spesh adapter.

Yep, its a 24mm axle same as Shimano and the same axle width as Shimano....

(I hope it fits) :? :lol:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Should be fine then. Hopefully they've standardised it, but we had problems in the past that some FSA cranks just wouldn't work with certain FSA BBs. Come to think of it I think it may have been road rather than MTB.