Are black routes getting harder or my ability dropping

2»

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    To be honest my bike is capable of a 6 foot drop even if I aint and it really isn't that bad a peda again :s
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    njee20 wrote:
    The quickest way is to roll it, you can't carry speed in or out. Can I watch you try though?
    Dude, I think he's joking. :roll:
    I was joking. With my ninja skills I'll fly off it and land sideways.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    In that case I definitely want to watch you try! :-)
  • getonyourbike
    njee20 wrote:
    In that case I definitely want to watch you try! :-)
    where's that crash mat gone again?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    want one of those huge ones you can jump off a building onto lol
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    The video looks like a lot of tired people following the tyre in front rather than racing. That isn't really a drop but a steep incline which looks ridable no matter what bike you are on. I think the fact that a race is taking place will count for a lot for the folks in the clip taking the easy route due to the mind-feck of racing. The one or two who use it go gain a place are the true racers (but then probabaly get shafted on the the climbs)
  • pilsburypie
    pilsburypie Posts: 891
    looks very similar to the warewolf drop in Cannock. A very steeps slope with a sharp turn at the bottom.

Get your weight over the back of your bike and hey presto!
  • sunnrider
    sunnrider Posts: 25
    Just looking at the xc video, did anyone notice there´s another line in the middle (between the drop and chicken run) that looks quite doable, and probably faster?
  • getonyourbike
    sunnrider wrote:
    Just looking at the xc video, did anyone notice there´s another line in the middle (between the drop and chicken run) that looks quite doable, and probably faster?
    but that's taped off, so they've either got to do it (not hard really) or take the chicken run.
  • its not overbike just an all mountain bike.

Like the land rover motto: you can go fast (xc) i can go anywhere (am)!!
    If in doubt - flat out!