Leeds Women's Sportive

pinnaclered
pinnaclered Posts: 61
http://www.ctcchallengerides.co.uk/CTC_ ... ortive.php

Anyone riding this sportive? I'm planning on riding the 50km distance.
“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” Lewis Carrol

'Feel the fear, then do it anyway'

'tomorrow, tomorrow tomorrow never comes, today is already here'

Comments

• pinnaclered
    pinnaclered Posts: 61
    sorry for the double post browser wouldn't refresh
    “If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” Lewis Carrol

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    My partner is. She hopes to do the 80km but will see what the weather is like. She used to live in the area so knows a lot of the roads
    M.Rushton
  • leedsmjh
    leedsmjh Posts: 196
    Signed up. Looks like East Chevin is the hardest climb.
  • I was tempted by the 80km but furthest I've ever rode is 40miles last year and I think the hills on this ride will make it feel like a 100km. I'm getting quite excited for it, not overly thrilled about the Zumba warm up, think I'll sit that one out

• leedsmjh
    Over 100 signed up now so it should be a good day.
    I know most of the route aside from the very top bit of the long route around Birstwith, and it looks like a good one.

Pinnaclered - the 80km route is actually ~ 68km according to mapmyride if that helps with your decision. You could always set out with the long route and make the decision at Beckwithshaw.

Assuming I'm getting the direction of travel right, for the long route there's a very steep gradient at the left turn at Blubberhouses but that's only short. East Chevin out of Otley at the end is a real grind though (for me anyway).

I think I'll be skipping the Zumba too!
  • When I loaded the ride into gooe earth te elevation profile indicated that east chevin comes in at 35k so the route is setting off in direction of tinshill eccup and harewood then dropping round to otley. It would be better for me to do the longer ride, I'm doing the great yorkshire bike ride the Saturday after so need to get some miles in my legs

• leedsmjh
    They appear to have suddenly extended the long route! With added uphill bits.
  • The weather forecast looks like it will rain so I'm sticking to 50km ride, u saw that they updated the route. Are you still doing it?

• I stuck with the 50km, it was lumpier than I thought, I found it pretty tough. Ha to walk up east chevin was a little disappointed in my self. Like I expected it rained got absolutely drenched. Finished ride in 3 hours with a 15 minute feed station, and walking up east chevin. Does anyone who rode it know how we get our official times?

• leedsmjh
    I did the 80km, got very wet too! Don't be disappointed about East Chevin, I think it's a horrible hill, unrelenting gradient, cars whizzing by and no view to distract you. You could try West Chevin if you want to conquer that hill, longer but much prettier and more variation in the gradient.
  • heatonrider
    heatonrider Posts: 109
    assume it will be on the website at http://www.ctcchallengerides.co.uk/CTC_ ... _rides.php but nothing as yet. Missed an early left turn so lost time on that .. did not find the blue signs against green trees too easy to spot at speed. other than that a good day out ... just a wet one!
  • “If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.” Lewis Carrol