manitou circus expert

jfry94
jfry94 Posts: 392
edited May 2011 in MTB buying advice
i currently own a 2007 model carrera kraken which i adore and i try to ride everything on and im looking to upgrade to the forks to some manitou circus experts which are just on the edge of my budget. just need to know whether they'd be good for riding pretty much everything. or has anyone else got any ideas of good forks for about £270.
2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
2007 Carrera Kraken

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    dont bother they are the wrong fork for that bike.
    • Damping: Jumpstack (Absolute+ tuned for dirt jump)

a more suitable fork

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... L-DISC.htm
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    The Circus is a dirt-jump fork. That means a different damper to what most people would prefer in a 'normal' trail fork. The Manitou Drake or Minute would be better. Otherwise the standard recommendations are Rockshox Tora/Recon/Reba (in order of price).

Edit: too slow :)
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    thanks guys for the information my thinking on that fork was that if it can survive being used as a dirt jumping fork it should be able to easily survive everything i can throw at it in the form of some trail use some jumps and a bit of everything else :)
    thanks
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    jfry94 wrote:
    thanks guys for the information my thinking on that fork was that if it can survive being used as a dirt jumping fork it should be able to easily survive everything i can throw at it in the form of some trail use some jumps and a bit of everything else :)
    thanks

but it will feel like crap.

get the recon. better better and better.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown