How much water do you take on

2»

Comments

• getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Is there a recipe for a drink that works a bit like Nuun but without the mad cost? It'd cost me £3 to fill my bladder up if I was using those tablets! I know you need squash, water and a little bit of salt but what about the potassium and whatver was said aswel?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is there a recipe for a drink that works a bit like Nuun but without the mad cost? It'd cost me £3 to fill my bladder up if I was using those tablets! I know you need squash, water and a little bit of salt but what about the potassium and whatver was said aswel?
    Unless you're doing absolutely EPIC rides, I wouldn't bother sticking it in your camelbak. Just use water or your preferred drink in that, then have a pint, or litre of nuun after you get back to replace the fluids.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Unless you're doing absolutely EPIC rides, I wouldn't bother sticking it in your camelbak. Just use water or your preferred drink in that, then have a pint, or litre of nuun after you get back to replace the fluids.
    sounds good but i'm still after a cheap way of making your own as the tablets are still pretty damn expensive for what they are, but then value is in the eye of the buyer. The other thread :roll:
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    i don't find i need much even on a 7 hour ride, but the less i drink during, the worse i feel on that night in terms of a headache and sleep problems.
    Can I say 'Muppet" on here? Is that allowed?
    Many happy trails!
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    If I go out for over 3 hours I always find I have run out (3L) of water although I never feel I have even drunk 1 Litre!
    Energy drinks and those kind of drinks seems to nothing for me, probably my addiction to Coca Cola.
    The legs are in agongy today... might look into Nuun or recovery drinks.
  • 2L's over 3 hours, try to drink something before leaving the house too.

To the OP on the first page with the mouthful of sand, get checked out by a quack for Diabities.
  • Anonymous
    2L's over 3 hours, try to drink something before leaving the house too.

To the OP on the first page with the mouthful of sand, get checked out by a quack for Diabities.
    You really think he should get a diabetes test if he goes through 1.5l of water on a ride on a warm day?
    I think you're over-worrying.
  • Sorry, not him. The poster who drinks like a fish and is still thirsty.
  • Anonymous
    Me?
    If so, I think the reason I've been dehydrated is because I've been riding a hell of a lot, and spending almost all the remainder of my time in an air conditioned studio - which I've always found dries me out.
  • Rybes
    Rybes Posts: 110
    i use this when goin to the gym. http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/electrolyte_powder i mix bout a gram to 750ml. more than the guide says but i like the taste when mixed with orange squash. had a pouch for months now. i usually go to the gym 4 times a week and take it when i go runnin bout twice a week. shall be usin it on rides out when my bike ets here. no more cramps like i used to get from water. well worth the money if ya ask me.
    2004 cinder cone, grey
    madison prime seat
    3 inch handle bar risers
    bg comfort grips
    lidl seat pack
    diamond back pedals
    2009 reba sl's
    more to come......
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Me?
    If so, I think the reason I've been dehydrated is because I've been riding a hell of a lot, and spending almost all the remainder of my time in an air conditioned studio - which I've always found dries me out.

If your still drinking loads after a week it would be a good idea to get yourself checked out. Diabetes is not the only thing that can cause constant drinking. Getting checked is easy go to pharmacy and a lot of them will do a piss-test some might even do a blood test. If pharmacy dont do it go to Doctors. If by chance you do have diabetes its very easily controlled but can do a lot of damage if not controlled. Been a Diabetic for years now doesnt stop me from doing anything.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • kinmofo
    kinmofo Posts: 172
    try to stay coffee / tea etc free before u ride too, also dont smoke weed or drink beer, its really hazardous, fun but hazardous!
    I'm a Nazi Zombie! And You Cant Kill Me!

Out of all the things I've lost, I miss my Mind the most!

dont get mad, get KROSS