penmachno times

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited June 2011 in Routes
i'm up in north wales again next week and i'm planning to ride penmachno on the way up..what's real world times for riding the trail?

i rode the marin in 2hrs 15 and was just wondering if 2 - 3 hrs to ride penmachno like it says on mb wales is realistic? :D

Comments

• Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    Based on your Marin time I would say you should be able to complete loop1 in 2 hours and loops 1 and 2 in 3 hours.

Take a map with you if you are unfamiliar with the trail..........

http://northwalesmtb.proboards.com/inde ... thread=284

In particular take note of where loop 2 starts as I think the sign might be missing.

Remember to put some money in the yellow honesty box at the trail head :wink:

Stu
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    I agree, around 3hrs, my Marin time is a shade under 2hrs and Penmachno (from memory) 2hrs 40m.
    It's alot better in the dry though, Have fun

Dave
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    Did it in about 2 1/2 hours but that was wet and pretty sketchy to be polite plus only one of the 2 loops !

Would love to go back when it's dry though
  • welshkev
    cheers guys,

i'll be doing the short route at penmachno next monday on the way up and then i'll have 2 evenings to kill aswell so i'll do llandegla then as i'm closer to there :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I honestly have no idea how long it takes, since evry singel time I've ridden there, I've had a pinch flat :lol:
  • welshkev
    I honestly have no idea how long it takes, since evry singel time I've ridden there, I've had a pinch flat :lol:

i'll remember a few extra tubes and my puncture repair kit then :D
  • welshkev
    this may be a silly question but is penmachno well signposted - apart from the bit to do the '2nd' loop?

don't want to get lost out there on my own :lol:
  • Anonymous
    It was the last time I was there in september/october-ish, but I've heard that some of the posts are either overgrown, or have even been removed, sadly.
    Best take a map with you just in case.
    Oh, and take a map to FIND it too, it's very easy to just drive past!
  • welshkev
    yeah i've heard it's just a layby on the side of the road isn't it?

is it on the main road you turn off the a5?
  • Anonymous
    welshkev wrote:

Er... No. not really.
    If you can't find it on a map, PM me later (I'll forget otherwise), and I'll email you a map.
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:

Er... No. not really.
    If you can't find it on a map, PM me later (I'll forget otherwise), and I'll email you a map.

nice one, cheers dude, i think i may have it saved on my computer at home, if not i'll pm you :D