Commuting........What do you eat just before you set off ?

2»

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Porridge with honey for me, although a full english breakfast has also been recommended.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    No idea how people can survive the morning without food till they get in work - even if you don't cycle.

I quite often go all day, as I just forget/don't get time. feel fine.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    A bucket of Monmouth coffee with a extra flask for the train journey.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • adebikes
    adebikes Posts: 10
    cee
    honestly.....porridge in Water,,,how could you...preference i supose!;;
    as for people who can sort toast when they get to work,,just wouldnt work for me ,,,id get my ar*e kicked!!
    The energy bar 3/4 hr before going home will be needed especially after a day at work!
    Thats usually when the legs say what on earth are you trying to do now....your having a laugh.

ade
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,148
    Usually I have Weetabix a bit of dried fruit. If it's really cold, may do porridge instead of cereal if I have the time. Seems to keep me going for a 50 min commute.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Applespider
    Applespider Posts: 506
    I eat when I get to work - just don't have time to eat/digest before getting on the bike. I prefer the extra time in bed.

It's porridge in the winter but I've started making bircher muesli in the morning and taking it with me. It's almost like summer porridge. Soak some porridge oats in apple juice overnight, the next morning, add some grated apple, some greek yoghurt and sprinkle some nuts/fruit (pistachio/pomegranate for me at the mo) on the top. Absolutely gorgeous!
  • roddixon
    roddixon Posts: 100
    Sketchley wrote:
    Mullar Rice

[pedant] I personally prefer "Müller" brand rice pudding [/pedant] :wink: