Shoe buying.

freehub
freehub Posts: 4,257
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
My Shimano shoes are size 47, so can I be browsing for some cycling shoes in size 47 and should they fit? Or are they like normal shoes where some brands are a couple sizes lower or higher for same fit?

Thanks.

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    I'd see if I could try any on first mate.
    My Spesh shoes are bang on but I remember ordering Nike shoes online and two different sizes didn't suit my feet.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I'm 45 in Shimano and Spesh. I've not bought anything other than Spesh for the last 5 years though.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Northwave one size larger for me.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • dunc69
    dunc69 Posts: 15
    My feet are UK 8.5.

My Shimano M/B shoes and my Specialized Road shoes are both Size 10.

HTH

Dunc.
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    I'm the same size in both Nike and Shimano shoes, despite all the varying advice about going one size up/down when getting Shimano shoes.

Definitely try before you buy, nothing worse than ill fitting shoes.
  • JRooke
    JRooke Posts: 243
    I ride with 44 specialized s-works shoes, but went to have my feet professionally fit for some running shoes and went away with an 8 1/2....... what the &$%£!!!!
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    JRooke wrote:
    I ride with 44 specialized s-works shoes, but went to have my feet professionally fit for some running shoes and went away with an 8 1/2....... what the &$%£!!!!

44 in Shimano and Sidi but size 8.5 in none cycling footwear.

@ will. Try some on. Unless you know exactly what you want (i.e. you've had the same model shoes before) All shoes are different not just in length but width and volume, even between styles by the same manufacturer.