So who is glued to the F1?

2»

Comments

• Was literally on the edge of my seat waiting for vettels tyres to disintegrate!

Something like 58 laps on tyres that were only supposed to last 45 laps?
    In some ways I was gutted about the big crash at the end.... but I don't think vettel would have lost the places.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    edited May 2011
    Clank wrote:
    Clank
    Assuming you didn't watch the race then?

Every wince inducing minute, courtesy of iplayer.

Sucks to be you then!! Day wasted!

Personally I thought it was a brilliant race!
    I thought it was great too, more action the better, crashing is a massive bonus and livens it all up :D

Yup, 2 hrs wasted. I'm dumb enough to pull the same s**t next year, too - maybe one year I'll be proved wrong.

But the last comment beautifully sums up my thinking.

A race is about getting ahead,overtaking - attack and counter-attack. The only action were collisions. Waiting for crashes is simply ghoulish voyuerism.

Don't get me wrong, as a time-trial venue, it'sawesome. Qualifiying is usually electric. But for GPs themselves, it kinda sucks.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Clank wrote:
    [Waiting for crashes is simply ghoulish voyuerism.
    well that sums me up then
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Clank wrote:

I know some cool 'accident black-spots' if you're interested!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Clank wrote:
    Clank wrote:

go on then. nah, just joking. The crash livened everything up, but only as nobody was seriously hurt, that'd put a downer on everything.
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Clank wrote:
    Clank wrote:

go on then. nah, just joking. The crash livened everything up, but only as nobody was seriously hurt, that'd put a downer on everything.

Really? I thought the crash ruined the race. When sat on the grid waiting for the restart you can change your tyres? I can't stand F1 but was enjoying the 15 laps i saw as Alonso and Button was closing in on a driver who was in trouble (from what i saw button was faster too) yet they were allowed to swap tyres it was shocking. I saw the Hamilton crash and he took the racing line but someone hits him and Hamilton gets the penelty :?
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?