Coniston-Seathwaite help

magic johnson
magic johnson Posts: 86
edited May 2011 in Routes
Bringing a group to Coniston soon. I'm fairly "Lakes savvie" but some local helps always appreciated.

Looking for a route over Walna Scar and back in a loop. Any suggestions??? About 30 miles-ish

I've looked at dropping to Torver and then heading north via Stephenson Ground, Stainton Ground and Brack Barrow to Seathwaite then back over WS again......but is it rideable?
Magic

Riding, wrecking and repairing mtb's for too long!!

www.about-bikes.com

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Yes it's all ridable..classic Walna scar route 8) We've done it 3 or 4 times this year,except we just go straight over from Stephenson ground to Seathwaite but the other stuff is ridable.There's some great stuff in Broughton Moor woods and up to Natty bridge then ST down to Stephenson Ground.The drop into Seathwaite is a fantastic rock fest 8)
    The climb from Seathwaite up Walna is a long pull but doable if fit(we push/ride/push)
    I can do you a gpx file if you use GPS?
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    I remember doing a similar route years back following an MBR route map. From memory, it was all rideable but what stood out was the bridleway into Seathwaite, a fantastic rock fest indeed! I'm hoping to be heading back to the Lakes later on this year and this is one of the routes I was planning on doing, so if you do it then I'd appreciate any feedback.
  • Do you have digital mapping so I can send a route for your perusal by any chance?
    Magic

Riding, wrecking and repairing mtb's for too long!!

www.about-bikes.com
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Do you have digital mapping so I can send a route for your perusal by any chance?
    I have memory map,you just need to send it as a gpx i think?
    Ill PM you my email.