Pro-Lite Bracciano spokes

kfinlay
kfinlay Posts: 763
edited May 2011 in Road buying advice
Anyone know where I can buy some? Having probs trying to find any and want my wheel fixed asap!
Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Forget the exact type, forget that it's AC, or Wheelsmith, or DT, or ACI, or Sapim, or 14/17/14 or aero, or black or silver.

Just get one that's the correct length if your prime motivator is getting back on your bike quickly.

A spoke is measured from the elbow to the end of the threads. You only really need to get it within 2mms to make it work. Most machine built wheels have spokes that are quite generous in length, read: too long, to build in a safety margin,
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    I was considering just getting similar spokes and replacing all drive side ones with a type that are more common. I know they are 2mm flat spokes 281mm in length (Pro-Lites are handbuilt) so should be able to get something.
    Also managed to find out that the Pro-Lite distributor is only 10 miles away! Will call them on Monday (not a proper bank holiday in Scotland)
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum