Can't get i900 seatpost apart

lock1981
lock1981 Posts: 546
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Tried servicing my ks pure i900 today with the guide on the net from the brochure.

Couldn't get the inner post out of the outer post. Did every thing that was said, should just pull apart. But mine slides up and down but won't come out!!!

Aarrrggghh

Anybody shed any light

Comments

• lock1981
    Nobody stripped one down?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I can't remember really but I do know it was just exactly as described in the instructions. Once the top collar's off and the bottom bolt's undone it should come apart very easily.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lock1981
    Oh well mine is totally shagged then :( might have to send it too superstar
  • dan1502
    dan1502 Posts: 568
    I had the same problem with my KS I950. I'm not sure if it's the same but basically the collar/bush had seized onto the wider tube and was preventing me pulling the two parts apart.

I solved it by putting a nut on the inner shaft (you can use the aluminum one but you will damage it so not recommended) making sure it's the correct thread then keep tapping it with a hammer. Make sure you hold it over something soft as it will probably drop out.

Hope this helps (oh and don't screw the nut right down on the shaft but quite a way - there should be plenty of threads to take the hammering but the nut needs to be proud so you hit it and not the shaft)
    Santa Cruz Tallboy