fh-m475 free hub play?

gtd.
gtd. Posts: 626
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
My SOS 32 wheel set has a bit of play in the freehub its unnoticable allong the axle plane but if you hold the big sprocket of the cassette you can rock the entire cassette and freehub asd see and feel movement

New freehub or tighten ?

also is there a loud free hub body available for my hub have the pro 2 mtx 33 wheel set fitted at the moment and now people move out or my way on cycle paths
Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes there is often a little bit of play. if it works and does not slip dont worry.

no shimano dont make loud freebodies.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Cheers Nick

it works fine and if its on a work stand you can see the cassette wobble slightly when its freewheeling just was worried about it causing damage

Shame I cant get a loud freewheel but I cant justify fitting hope or other loud hubs to this wheel set.

My commute goes past the local retard farm (sorry college) and students prefer to shamble along the red path rather than the black tarmac in there Nirvana hoodies. :roll: if i use a bell they panic but the hope hubs give them chance to realise someone is approaching on a bike :lol:
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er