Cannondale System Six - 58cm

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited May 2011 in Your road bikes
Ok here is my work in progress, F&F were bought second hand off a chap on here, parts were transferred from my written off Six-13.

Upgrades will be either Campag Record 11 speed or I may try out Sram Red at some point. I have an FSA SB32 carbon seatpost to go on it and am looking for a deal on either a Fizik Anteres or Selle Italia SLR in white, and a pair of FSA Winf-Pro Compact bars. I have also taken out 1 spacer from under the stem, the rest will follow when I loose weight and improve my flexibility (gotta get that pro look 8) )

I must admit it is the stiffest and most stable bike I have ever ridden, I can descend at 45mph and take the hands off the bars with confidence, sprinting is a joy as well, every pedal stroke send you forward. The trade is that you do get beaten up on longer rides, but hey ho it's a crit bike .

11c5o2q.jpg
20tfrbk.jpg
n4uv69.jpg

And some action shots :D

r0s86d.jpg
33jtsmd.jpg

Sorry about the pics size but after 2 bottles of Leffe, changing them would be a step too far :roll:
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• JesseD
    MAYBE THIS WILL BE BETTER

256sl68.jpg
  • tri-sexual
    tri-sexual Posts: 672
    nice, best colour choice too for the system six
    what happened to your 6/13, got any pictures?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Brill! Gutted to hear about the six/13 :(
  • JesseD
    I got hit from behind by some bloke trying to overtake me, the six-13 looked ok upon initial inspection but when you looked closer there were cracks where the carbon married up with the aluminium, 2 LBS looked at it and said in their opinion it was written off.

The parts on the bike were scratch etc but luckily they all work fine, but when I can afford it they will be upgraded. I tried Sram the other day and liked the shift action, but am torn as I am a campag man and 11spd Record looks the dogs danglies.

Oh and I have just had a pair of black and lime green Vittorias delivered for my training wheels (my nod to liquigas) so will post update pics when new parts arrive.

Thanks for the comments guys.
  • JesseD
    I got hit from behind by some bloke trying to overtake me, the six-13 looked ok upon initial inspection but when you looked closer there were cracks where the carbon married up with the aluminium, 2 LBS looked at it and said in their opinion it was written off.

The parts on the bike were scratch etc but luckily they all work fine, but when I can afford it they will be upgraded. I tried Sram the other day and liked the shift action, but am torn as I am a campag man and 11spd Record looks the dogs danglies.

Oh and I have just had a pair of black and lime green Vittorias delivered for my training wheels (my nod to liquigas) so will post update pics when new parts arrive.

• JesseD

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Hey mate where abouts are the shots taken in/around Bris? Looks nice and quiet but i don't recognise it...

Oh and great looking bike for a Cannondale ;) (yep, that is as much a veiled insult as it is a compliment, i just can't help it :lol:) Enjoy!
  • JesseD
    Ekimike,

Shots were taken on the shake down ride after building it to check all was working, they were taken on the Bristol-Bath cycle path one evening, so it was quietish.

If you like quiet lanes for rides then let me know and I will send you some links to maps of rides that I do, the lanes are narrow so you hardly see any cars about, the downside (or not) is that they are bloody hilly :D