Marzocchi Oil Level Query

kharma
kharma Posts: 3
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I have a pair of Marzocchi 1998 XC600 TST2's which have been pretty lacking in any sort of useable travel since new, however I have eventually decided to change the oil, but I'm somewhat confused, :? as to how much oil is required in each leg. According to the tech section on the website, under the oil levels section the fork needs 150 in the left leg and 10 in the right. Is this the quantity of oil or the level of oil in the fork legs?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers, Dave......

Comments

• TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    Do you mean 2008?

That's oil quantity in ml.
    "Coming through..."
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    Marzocchi list their oil levels in cc so it refers to the oil volume not height.

From the info you have provided this would mean adding 150cc or 150ml to the left hand leg and 10cc or 10ml to the right.

Just checked ^ that's correct, it just needs to be 7.5 wt fork oil.

That's assuming you mean 2008
  • kharma
    kharma Posts: 3
    Cheers for replies, yep 2008, just a decade out!! :lol: That's what I thought, however 10ml in the right leg seems a tad too little, as that is the tst2 damper/rebound side and 150ml in the air preload side seems a bit excessive!! Thought maybe the figures were the wrong way round, but about 80ml in the damper/ rebound side covers the bottom seal of the tst mechanism when fully extended, and the lockout works, therefore 10ml doesn't come close!!

I must be missing something! :? Might just have to suck and see!

Cheers Dave.........