New head cam-type of SD card needed? + upgrade battery?

DF33
DF33 Posts: 732
edited May 2011 in Commuting general
Ordered a cheaper head cam and need to get an SD card for it.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product ... _id=110355

Spec is 'Supports MicroSD (TF) Card up to 16GB'.

As it's for commuting and writes over itself on a loop a 4 or 8 gig is enough for my needs, but I know there are different types. Any work better than others or any I should avoid / won't work with it?

Also the supplied battery is 'Powered by 3.7V 460mAh Li-ion Rechargeable battery'
Is it possible to extend the recording time by simply changing this to a higher rated mah AA Li-ion battery?

Cheers

D
Peter

Comments

• gentlegreen
    gentlegreen Posts: 23
    I'm told it needs to be at least "class 6". I think I've seen "class 10" cards suspiciously cheap - not sure if they work.

I'm using the 8GB class 6 card they supplied with it, but I'm thinking I need to get myself a 16GB. I've managed an hour and a half on an 8GB card and two hours on the battery. ( I know that because I recently left it pointing at a wall and got two hours of that static image. !)

I'm planning at some point to open mine up to make the green LED more visible, but in terms of extending battery life, my plan would be to build in a USB supply from my bike's 12 volt lighting system - it's what I do with my Creative MP3 player. I doubt there's room inside for a bigger Li-ion.I would probably cut a hole in the end cap as I want the card to be caught if a bump released it ...
    My ideal is front and back cameras that can record a whole 50-miler for future reference.

----
    DF33 wrote:
    Ordered a cheaper head cam and need to get an SD card for it.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product ... _id=110355

Spec is 'Supports MicroSD (TF) Card up to 16GB'.

As it's for commuting and writes over itself on a loop a 4 or 8 gig is enough for my needs, but I know there are different types. Any work better than others or any I should avoid / won't work with it?

Also the supplied battery is 'Powered by 3.7V 460mAh Li-ion Rechargeable battery'
    Is it possible to extend the recording time by simply changing this to a higher rated mah AA Li-ion battery?

Cheers

D
    Giant ATX 830 45mm Country-Plus tyres. age 50, 18 stone, flappy hi-vis, basket, bell, kickstand FCN=15 ?,
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Thanks, i'll get a class 6
    Peter