London people.....Help..

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,712
    You'll probably only wear it once (hopefully) if it's a wedding specific job, so go off the peg if you can. I just rented mine, no probs as all eyes are on the bride...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You'll probably only wear it once (hopefully) if it's a wedding specific job, so go off the peg if you can. I just rented mine, no probs as all eyes are on the bride...

No offence but I don't get that. Why get married in rented clothing? I'm wearing a suit for mine (not a morning suit) so getting one tailored seemed like an investment, should get lots of use.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I was going to get a tailored suit for wedding and buy off-the-peg but similar jobbies for ushers and best man but the cost was mental so just hired matching suits from Moss Bros. as said, its all about the bride - just make sure you are presentable.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Me too. It's not about us chaps, is it?

That said, if you're going to get a good suit, you can choose one that will be wearable for many occasions. I own one suit, made bespoke for me in Thailand (http://www.ravistailor.com), which every time I wear it, has many, many compliments. It fits me brilliantly, and seems to float when worn.

My Granny, who brought up five boys in Catford after my Granddad died, always sent my Dad and his brothers to Harrod's for a good suit, and made them take it back if it looked bad, even though they didn't have much money. She always said that the suit made a man. All her sons did very well for themselves.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I think if you want to have the groom's party matching then its best to go down the hired route unless you gotta lot of the benjamins.

Weddings are pretty expensive so we had to think about where we could make compromises and what I was wearing was one of them.

I get my suits made for work though!!!
    Roderick Charles though so too staid for a wedding.
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    Right, thanks for all the input. Im off to Dress2Kill on Thursday as they seem up my alley and can work to my time frame.

I can assure you all eys will be on the bride, but it is a special day so I feel I should be allowed something special too.

The other suits are coming from Marks and Spencers (for the grooms party) mainly because I cannot get everyone in the same place for fitting or choosing suits as several live abroad. If we use a brand like M and S they will post internationally and they fit the budget.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,712
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No offence but I don't get that. Why get married in rented clothing? I'm wearing a suit for mine (not a morning suit) so getting one tailored seemed like an investment, should get lots of use.
    None taken mate. We went for morning suits for me/best man etc and I couldn't see me using it for other events (a normal two piece suit will do for other peeps' weddings). So it would have been a waste of dosh. Also you can get decent rental suits, they're not all tat.

Plus, once you get to the day, it's just a blur. I completely forgot what I was wearing and I don't think too many people cared. I'm a bloke, it was just a suit...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]