Belgian team moves....

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
edited June 2011 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gilbert-to-quick-step

Gilbert to Quick-Step, Boonen entertaning 5 offers?

The Belgium order is going to be shaken up.

I'll be gutted because I love my QS top and, well, it won't have the same resonance if Boonen leaves.

Comments

• MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gilbert-to-quick-step

Gilbert to Quick-Step, Boonen entertaning 5 offers?

The Belgium order is going to be shaken up.

I'll be gutted because I love my QS top and, well, it won't have the same resonance if Boonen leaves.

Thats great news, Gilbert and Chavanel on the same team, possibly my two favourite riders.
  • Benjamin Hall
    Benjamin Hall Posts: 608
    hmm, I wonder if Chavanal will stay with quickstep...Him and Gilbert would make a strong partnership.
  • rick_chasey
    Gilbert switching his focus to the cobbles?

Nah.

QS will take any Belgian monument.
  • rick_chasey
    Long interview with Boonen on Sporza.

If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money on Boonen staying at QS, with Gilbert joining him.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    I thought Lefevere ran it past Boonen and he had no objection to Gilbert joining? Hardly sounds like Boonen on the way out?
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • rick_chasey
    wicked wrote:
    I thought Lefevere ran it past Boonen and he had no objection to Gilbert joining? Hardly sounds like Boonen on the way out?

I thought it was more "I'm trying to get Gilbert. If you're fine with it, great. Otherwise see ya later".

Either way, Boonen seemed ok with it. He basically said "look, I rode with Bettini and it was fine - how is this any different?"
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    wicked wrote:

I thought it was more "I'm trying to get Gilbert. If you're fine with it, great. Otherwise see ya later".

Either way, Boonen seemed ok with it. He basically said "look, I rode with Bettini and it was fine - how is this any different?"

Are QS any closer to getting Phil then? Also would you mind posting a link to the interview with Boonen?

Edit: ive actually found it now.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Boonen with QS for the next two years
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Boonen with QS for the next two years

Result.

Sporza says so so it must be true.

I'm pleased. Means my QS jersey will still make me look like a fanboi.