talking about "it" not good for cycling?

D@VE
D@VE Posts: 73
edited May 2011 in Pro race
Why is it that a rider would despise another rider for saying :

“I am simply saying what I think. I have said there is still doping,” Bassons.

“If that’s what you’re here for, it would be better if you returned home and found some other kind of work.” said rider.

Then go on to donate $100.000 to the governing body of there sport to test for doping?

Anyone?

Comments

• rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Hiding it away almost implies that it's ok to do long as you don't get caught.

the most you target the bad eggs and make it more clear that you cant make a living drugging yourself up the better. Only way cyclings imagine is going to get better if they have sweeping changes air all the dirty stuff then move on. Their is a massive cloud that hangs over the sport which is a shame considering it is such a tough sport.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    An interesting thought I have just had, and I think I know the answer however, has Armstrong ever commented about other riders doping? i.e. that he has known someone was doing it/opinions on dopers etc?

I don't recall him ever really discussing the subject openly (ignoring the Simione incident).

For all his chat about the UCI 'donation' in the fight against doping, it again isn't held up considering he has never really commented about doping.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,608
    There's usually enough chat about the racing to not have to bother with the doping chat.
  • D@VE
    Lance hounded Christophe Bassons and others followed suit as Lance knew they would.

Did he hound the likes of Alexander Vinokourov and Ivan Basso? I'm not sure.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    D@VE wrote:
    Lance hounded Christophe Bassons and others followed suit as Lance knew they would.

Various actions have to be taken in the context of their time. Comparing cycling politics from 1999 to those of today is hopelessly flawed.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • D@VE
    RichN95 wrote:
    D@VE wrote:

Various actions have to be taken in the context of their time. Comparing cycling politics from 1999 to those of today is hopelessly flawed.

It's the actions of the man not the politics of the time Lance has not changed that much.
    The only times i've seen/heard of him attacking other people is when they've attacked him.
    All but one time. Christophe Bassons was not attacking him or did Lance feel he was?
    If so why did he feel he was being attacked?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    We've tried sweeping it under the carpet, and strangely enough it didn't disappear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format