Coed'y Brenin - False Teeth

JonnyN
JonnyN Posts: 181
edited May 2011 in Routes
Anyone been to Coed'y Brenin recently and done the new revamped False Teeth section?
"Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)

Comments

• Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    JonnyN wrote:
    Anyone been to Coed'y Brenin recently and done the new revamped False Teeth section?

Yes.
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    Well.... glad that's all cleared up then. :D:D:D

Any good?
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • darren555
    darren555 Posts: 194
    How long ago was the revamp? I was last there late last year and it's one of my favourite sections of the MBR.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    JonnyN wrote:

Any good?

Yup
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    I second that with fantastic!!\
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    Dirtydog11 wrote:
    JonnyN wrote:

Yes.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :wink:

To be honest I can't say I 've been there this year, I was last there in about September and did the MBR.

I'm not sure whether it would have been revamped at that time but False Teeth IMO was/is one of the highlights of the MBR.

When did this revamp take place?
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    The rebuilt false teeth is, in my opinion, now the best section at C Y B. Some nice jumps and drops. Beware the 8 foot bombhole (look out for the skull and cross bones sign). Its perefectly rollable but if you hit at speed be prepared for some time in the air or time in A & E if you get it wrong :-)

Stu
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    The rebuilt false teeth is, in my opinion, now the best section at C Y B. Some nice jumps and drops. Beware the 8 foot bombhole (look out for the skull and cross bones sign). Its perefectly rollable but if you hit at speed be prepared for some time in the air or time in A & E if you get it wrong :-)

Stu
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    False teeth is fun, but frankly, I don't think it (or any of the new sections) fits in with the rest of Coed y Brenin. It's slowly turning it into another manicured "trail centre by numbers" place, rather than the rough, rocky, more natural feeling trails that made it famous.

A few people I've ridden with have expressed concern that the "big" drop on false teeth has no warning at all that it's coming. All the drops look the same, and lure you into doing them faster and faster, then suddenly, one of them is substantially larger.
    None of us have had an off on it eyet, but it strikes us as an accident waiting to happen.