Karmic Balance

Wrath Rob
Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Tuesday was a bad day. I had an 8am meeting so got out of bed an hour earlier than normal, pulled on me cycling gear with bleary eyes, jumped on the bike and headed into work. After about 3 miles I realised I hadn't zipped up the saddle bag that carries my wallet, phone, security pass etc. So I pull over and while the pass and phone are there, there's no sign of the wallet :evil:

So I cycle back along my route trying to find where it had fallen out. Bearing in mind this is Wandsworth, there are lots of people around so I'm not too hopeful. I get all the way home and then all the way back to where I stopped but there's no sign of it. I'm now 30 mins late and in a bad mood. The 8am meeting that I was late for was rubbish, which didn't help.

However, I checked my phone when I came out of the meeting and there was a voicemail from a very nice Polish chap telling me that he'd found my wallet and wanted to hand it back. Result :D

I picked it up on the way home, gave him £20 as a reward, found out he's a landscape gardener, of which I have a need for one now, get his card and carry on. I'm now in karmic debt.

I do a quick lap of Richmond Park and on the way back come across a guy struggling to repair a puncture. In true CJCP style I stop, offer pump, advice, end up donating him my spare tube and fix it for him before carrying on my merry way. Karmic balance restored!

As a result, I finally shift the bad mood I picked up in the morning and get home feeling pretty good.

So, who else has a story of balancing your karma?
FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.

Comments