Brechfa-Advice needed

mastermosher
mastermosher Posts: 233
edited May 2011 in Routes
I am taking my wife who is new to MTB for a weekend away to Brechfa.
My main problem is what tires to put on the rides. There are so many to choose from with all their information.
Where I live at the moment and ride is an equal mixture of hardpack with loose and sandy trails. I currently run Maxxis Larsen TTs both front and rear and do struggle with the sandy aspects.
What would you recommend for Brechfa?
I am not too fussed with regards to cost, but grip and puncture protect are probably top of my lists.
Thanks for any input.
I don't mind what they say... as long as they say its enormous

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I personally in Wales go wwith the classic maxxiss set up of High roller rear for edge grip and easy pedaling and a maxxis minion super tacky up front. Ride both in 2.35(well actually i run a 2.5 duel ply up front but thats over kill for most people).

You will find the tacky handy on the rocks and roots, the high roller will let you slide the back a bit too if you hit things over fast which is handy while the minion never runs outta grip.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I assume that your wife planning to ride the trails at Brechfa? If she's new to biking stick to the green and blue's - the red (and black) is pretty mental and not suitable for someone new to riding. She'll end up being put off for life :wink:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • mastermosher
    mastermosher Posts: 233
    Hi, we were planning to do only the the green and blue routes.
    I don't mind what they say... as long as they say its enormous
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Just checking :wink:

My other half took me to Cwmcarn for my first ever MTBing experience, so I am always slightly suspicious of mens ability to judge these things now (no offence!)! :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc