Embarrassing thing I didnt know about my bike

fred22
fred22 Posts: 509
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
I bought an Orbea Orca from a very highly rated bike shop last year. Its for best only as I'm still paying for it and so am too anxious to actually ride it too much until I own it properly. But I do use it on nice Sundays etc.

I was looking at the groupset today as I am thinking about selling the gruppo and that compact chainset that I have, its actually 53 39 :lol:

I've never noticed, presumably the guys at the bike shop didnt notice (paperwork says its a 50 36 compact chainset). Its kind of made me feel a bit odd, what you dont know wont hurt you and all that.

No wonder I kept thinking that it wasnt the climber it was cracked up to be

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    fred22 wrote:
    I bought an Orbea Orca from a very highly rated bike shop last year. Its for best only as I'm still paying for it and so am too anxious to actually ride it too much until I own it properly. But I do use it on nice Sundays etc.

I was looking at the groupset today as I am thinking about selling the gruppo and that compact chainset that I have, its actually 53 39 :lol:

I've never noticed, presumably the guys at the bike shop didnt notice (paperwork says its a 50 36 compact chainset). Its kind of made me feel a bit odd, what you dont know wont hurt you and all that.

No wonder I kept thinking that I wasnt the climber I was cracked up to be

FTFY
  • fred22
    fred22 Posts: 509
    i know, i'm chuffed
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Its not always about how good you are but what you can afford (or are willing to get credit for). Look at how many Porches, Ferraris etc are driven by people who can barely drive. I nearly got left hooked by a twat in a very nice Maserati last week.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Down the Road
    Down the Road Posts: 949
    39 - 25 is all you ever need

36 - 25 is the same gearing as 39 - 27. Why not just push down harder on the pedals.
    Racing is life - everything else is just waiting