Hopwas Woods?

Wongy66
Wongy66 Posts: 37
edited June 2011 in Routes
Has anyone been or know anything about trails in Hopwas woods?
Smash Smash

Comments

• Wongy66
    I`m going to hopwas woods tomorrow, so will report back.
    Smash Smash
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Not a huge amount of trails but enough for a few hours. Some nice single track with a bomb hole and a few steep scree descents. Well worth a trip if you are in the local area. I was onlt there for a couple of hours and I am sure there is a lot more to find.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Wongy66
    I agree with Wallace, was good for a couple of hours, seemed to be a lot of different single track trails, but quite over grown as lack of riders. Its only 10 mins from home so a good local ride. Would like to know if anyone knows any where else near Tamworth worth trying
    Smash Smash
  • oli2001
    oli2001 Posts: 350
    i am in baddesley, some really good xc trails around baddesley/bentley woods/hartshill. anything from 10 miles to around 25;mostly offroad with a bit of road linking. this side of tamworth much better than around hopwas woods. happy to show around for a few hours xc
  • Wongy66
    I only know as far as Hurley, I did think about goin over that way. Thanks for the offer
    Smash Smash
  • oli2001
    oli2001 Posts: 350
    towards baddesley/bentleywoods/ridge lane and hartshill there are a lot more paths/ bridleways/quarry tracks and based around some quite hilly terrain along the atherstone ridge.
  • Wongy66
    Sounds worth a look, I`m gonna come over monday afternoon. Thanks again
    Smash Smash