Returning items to Wiggle?

straas
straas Posts: 338
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Has anyone had reason to send a failed item back to wiggle?

I bought a set of clipless mtb pedals in December, and they were great until the other day when I noticed one of the adjusting bolts had worked it's way loose and a metal plate had fallen out, meaning I couldn't use one side of my left pedal to clip in.

As it's my only bike (shock horror!) I can't really send the pedals off and wait for a replacement, so would have to buy new ones and hope wiggle do refunds?

Or am I wrong and losing bits off pedals is normal wear?
FCN: 6

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    straas wrote:
    I can't really send the pedals off and wait for a replacement, so would have to buy a second bike
    FTFY

I've returned things before, though only unworn clothes. Wiggle were fine though.
    The pedals sound like they've failed sooner than you'd expect so imagine you'll have no worries, give them a buzz and try to arrange a RMA/refund.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Wiggle have been pretty good in my experience. I accidentally ordered some Castelli bibs in the wrong colour (didn't match my bike :(), so I just ordered the right item for next day delivery and set the other one back. They refunded me once they received the bibs.
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    I've returned a pair of dhb shorts that had almost worn out after 200 miles and a Castelli top I just didn't like when I tried it on.

In both cases they were excellent. No questions asked.
  • Redjeep! wrote:
    I've returned a pair of dhb shorts that had almost worn out after 200 miles and a Castelli top I just didn't like when I tried it on.

In both cases they were excellent. No questions asked.

+1, Sent back some Northwave tights that the ankle zips had failed on after about six rides. They even refunded me postage automatically.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Yup - can't fault Wiggle for returns - it's one of the reasons I buy from them (especially those items I'm not sure about sizing or spec)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Blue Meanie
    Blue Meanie Posts: 495
    So no-one is err, blaming Wiggle?

During the December snow we didn't receive our order, so they dispatched another which arrived in January, followed by the original package two weeks later. After a few e-mails we got to keep it for no extra charge - and for that I certainly do blame Wiggle.
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • Harveytile
    Harveytile Posts: 227
    I returned some clothing that was not exactly what I wanted (my fault, didn't read the text properly :oops: ). Sent them next day delivery. Money was in my account the following day. Excellent.

Wiggle aren't without their faults however... Last two, yes two deliveries contained no Haribos! What gives? :roll:

WRT your pedals though. It could be seen as lack of maintenance. That would be a pretty harsh call but like another poster said, give 'em a call. A pesrsonal chat can often sort out all manner of problems. G'Luck. :)
    Beep Beep Richie.

FCN +7 (Hanzo Fixed. Simple - for the commute)
    FCN +10 (Loud and proud PA)
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Have returned front forks and a wheel from a MTB that both failed within 6 months of newness, and they were superb. New parts dispatched and postage refunded. Even got upgraded forks!

Drop them and e-mail, no harm in it at all. However a bolt working loose does seem like normal wear and tear, thought you would have felt it getting loose as it worked its way out.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • dhope
    So no-one is err, blaming Wiggle?

They're good with bike kit to be fair, it's them breaking the Ryan Giggs injunction that annoys me.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    What Ryan Giggs injunction? :evil:
  • dhope
    plowmar wrote:
    What Ryan Giggs injunction? :evil:
    Oh, Ryan Giggs was caught in barn having it away with a horse. The horse took out an injunction but Wiggle broke it. True fact innit.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    They're excellent in my expereince. I borke a saddle after 6 months, athey refunded me. I bought two jackets so I could try them for size. Same thing, but one in M and one in L, I tried them and returned the one that didn't fit. They were fine about it.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."