A trying day

colsoop
colsoop Posts: 217
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Well the day started off ok.
I took a day off tiling the bathroom to get out on the bike.

Heading off round the back of yoxall i thought i would take a different road.

Making progress down this narrow country road i see a sign for a ford. I round the corner and its just over ankle deep.

I contemplated getting off and walking through but decided on riding through, whats the worst that can happen, right ?.

I cautiously approach keeping a slow but steady pace when the bike just slides out from under me. Cue me falliing in to this ford :lol:

Piss wet through and covered in green bits i get up looking around to see if anybody has witnessed my stupidity, luckily they hadn't. :oops:

I check everything is ok then continue along this road and make my way up the hill, 20 metres from the top i nearly go over the handlebars i look down and my chain has snapped. :roll:

Luckily i carry the chain tool with me and get it fixed, after that i proceed to head back not wanting to find out what the third strike will be.

Comments

• 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    enhanced-buzz-6183-1295918164-0.jpg
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    Nope, sorry. I have looked at it but don't know what it is, a little help please.
  • slowlanejane
    slowlanejane Posts: 312
    15peter20: WTF??
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I'm a teacher - every day is trying....

Sorry you had a sh!t one, hope tomorrow's better.

Peter - taxidermy FAIL! :lol:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • horris01
    horris01 Posts: 49
    Went to sign contracts for house move last Thursday as a consequence wife took the car rather than the usual bike. Car was stolen while she was in work, house move fell through Friday bout a week before we were due to move. About two grand gone on insurance access and solicitors fees with nothing to show for it, had better weeks!