Titterstone Clee - Ever been?

Dear All,

Before I go zooming of to Titterstone Clee Hill, has anyone here ever ridden a road bike to the very top of this hill and as far as the NATS arials?

I am planning an audax event that could take riders to the top depending upon access. I know that short of the top, there is a sign restricting vehicles but I am not sure if this applies to cycles. Another critical issue may be the condition of the road surface.

Comments

• simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    We parked and walked up to the trig point at the top a couple of years ago. Terrific 360° panoramas. There is a surfaced road and no restriction on public access - on foot, at least.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I would love to go to a place called Titterstone. take pix
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • WorcsPhil
    WorcsPhil Posts: 19
    Hi Phil, Titter ye go

Titterstone is a regular climb for us Worcs riders, and I can recommend it. It is an up and down from Clee Hill however, as the lane through Titterstone itself is a bit dodgy and is no more than a track in places. You can go right to the gates of the 'golf ball' at the top, i.e. past the quarry and up past the sign saying 'limited restriction' to 533m altitude and the 360 degree views. There are always people cycling or walking past the 'sign' and think it's meant for cars, there are certainly no barriers. There is plenty of space at the quarry for car parking/signing in or anything and this is almost at the top anyway. There's a couple of cattle grids on the way up, but the surface is pretty good...well worth a look for your ride.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    ---and if you start the climb from Tenbury Wells up thro` Knowle that will be one very l;ong ascent (c 450m climbing I think :)