Eurosport...

garrynolan
garrynolan Posts: 560
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
...and the Giro. Tried taping it a couple of times but the times were wrong. Tonight - was advertised as being on - wasn't (tennis and motor racing). What's going on? Anyone?
Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
exercise.png

Comments

• -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    I watched it last night - Ch 411 on Sky I think. It finished at 2100.

-Spider-
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    I've been taping the live programmes during the day without any problems
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I used to record the hilights in the evenings and would quite often miss the end of the race as they seem to shift the times around on a whim. I can kind of understand this, live sporting events can often take longer than anticipated shifting everything else around in their wake.

I solved the problem by recording the hilights when they are transmitted first thing the next morning before they get chance to change the times.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    It's really annoying. I don't know why they bother publishing a schedule when they just show whatever they feel like.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I think last night the tennis overran so they just ditched the Giro highlights

Booooooo

Watched it this morning though, Contador has got this one all sewn up
  • williamwasp
    williamwasp Posts: 40
    Eurosports coverage is bad, but not quite as bad Sean Kellys co-comentary. He is terrible.
  • petemadoc
    Eurosports coverage is bad, but not quite as bad Sean Kellys co-comentary. He is terrible.

Very very bad indeed. So boring his voice could send you to sleep
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Very very bad indeed. So boring his voice could send you to sleep

Majorly.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • petemadoc
    I can hear his voice rolling around in my head right now
  • Ironically for the OP, I don't think GP2 has ever been on when it's scheduled to be. I can't believe I'm saying this but wish it was back live on ITV.

But yeh, shocking scheduling. What's ITV's TdF coverage like? I've only just got into cycling on telly - really enjoying the Giro.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    ITV4s TdF coverage is much better than Eurosport IMHO. They put it on at the time they advertise and the commentators manage to make things seem much more exciting. If I had the choice I'd pick ITV4 every time, unfortunately they're not showing the Giro.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • petemadoc
    ITV4 coverage is a bit slicker IMO. Good pre-race analysis and great commentary. Just a shame they don't show more cycling.

I used to love the TDF on Channel 4 as a kid!
  • Ah that's good, will look forward to it. Actually wrong sport I know but ITV4's coverage of the BTCC is actually very enjoyable and comprehensive so if it's like that I'll be happy.

For what it's worth I like the Eurosport commentators, they come across like genuine fans and it can't be easy to get everything right and be infuse excitement into hours and hours of cycling all the time. Just a shame about the shoddy production.
  • PeteMadoc wrote:
    II used to love the TDF on Channel 4 as a kid!

+1

& this.... was pure win, best theme music ever!
  • petemadoc
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    II used to love the TDF on Channel 4 as a kid!

+1

& this.... was pure win, best theme music ever!

Yes Yes Yes! ! Brilliant :D
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    pst88 wrote:
    ITV4s TdF coverage is much better than Eurosport IMHO. They put it on at the time they advertise and the commentators manage to make things seem much more exciting. If I had the choice I'd pick ITV4 every time, unfortunately they're not showing the Giro.

I had to put the sound down when watching the Tour of California on ITV 4. Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwin are unlistenable to with their cliches and formulaic remarks. On Eurosport, David Harmon and Sean Kelly are well informed, knowledgable and entertaining.
    Without doubt they are the best cycling commentary team around at the moment.
  • williamwasp
    williamwasp Posts: 40
    Ah that's good, will look forward to it. Actually wrong sport I know but ITV4's coverage of the BTCC is actually very enjoyable and comprehensive so if it's like that I'll be happy.

For what it's worth I like the Eurosport commentators, they come across like genuine fans and it can't be easy to get everything right and be infuse excitement into hours and hours of cycling all the time. Just a shame about the shoddy production.

Sean Kelly doesn't infuse excitement into any comment and I am sure that when he starts talking, he doesnt actually know what he is going to say. He just rambles.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Ah that's good, will look forward to it. Actually wrong sport I know but ITV4's coverage of the BTCC is actually very enjoyable and comprehensive so if it's like that I'll be happy.

Sean Kelly doesn't infuse excitement into any comment and I am sure that when he starts talking, he doesnt actually know what he is going to say. He just rambles.

He's exictable on one day a year.

2nd Sunday of April...
  • To be fare to the commentators, bugger all happens in most races until the final few Km, sure you get the small break away, but we all know that in most cases it's just to get their sponsors air time, and they'll be reeled in by the peloton before the end.
    With the exception of the hill climbs and sprint sections it's just a fast paced Sunday club run, with riders swapping places while having a little chit chat on the way to the finish line sprint.

Please don't get me wrong, I love watching the cycling, seeing the peloton in full swing, and the speed that the teams handle bike repairs and the tactics that the teams employ to get the no 1 rider home as close to the front as possible.