favourite part of your commute?

2»

Comments

• Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Crossing Tower Bridge, I never get bored of that view up the river.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    On the way in it's going over Pepys Road, swooping round the roundabout and plunging down Jerningham Road.

Going back, it's the ascent of College Road/Fountain Drive followed by the descent of Sydenham Hill into Forest Hill, then the schlep up Benson Road, which has got to be at least 17% at the top.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Morpeth arm lights either way.

Going into town is toast and roast the scalps from the bunch up and when going home that gentle curve to the left with the traffic at 30 before hitting all the lovely new tarmac and zipping off and scaring all the slow roadies.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Mr Sworld
    Mr Sworld Posts: 703
    The boozer on the way back home... :-D
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,387
    Morpeth arm lights either way.

Going into town is toast and roast the scalps from the bunch up and when going home that gentle curve to the left with the traffic at 30 before hitting all the lovely new tarmac and zipping off and scaring all the slow roadies.

+1
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I have no pleasing to the eye parts of my communite... apart from some girl on a single speed with leggings and mini skirt/ballarina skirt every now and then... but beyond my pervings :D

Lea Bridge Road from the large round about to the 2nd set of lights. If the traffic is empty. You can Let rip with some fantastic speeds thanks the the small slope at the start. Can maintain 27+ with ease going home. Motivation to get to work and seeing how hard you can realyl push it down this little stretch.