http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyUP5oxKezc
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• nicked
    nicked Posts: 20
    Love it
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    shame, you know whats funny? I saw two of those yellow Livestrong bands in different places in the gutter on a popular training route round by our gaff..
    cartoon.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Thats pretty funny.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    Not as funny when AC gets an asterisk next to his name when LA/JB get busted ... It takes a whole team to dope according to the reports ... and Bertie is going down with them ... LA won't go alone, esp. If he can stop AC getting near his record ...
  • It takes a whole team to dope according to the reports

Not necessarily. There are well publicised examples of clean riders on suspect teams, eg. Bassons who was riding clean for Festina in 1998.

Andy
  • Crankbrother
    I guess Lance will be usingthat excuse then ...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Not as funny when AC gets an asterisk next to his name when LA/JB get busted ... It takes a whole team to dope according to the reports ... and Bertie is going down with them ... LA won't go alone, esp. If he can stop AC getting near his record ...

I don't think doping bans work like that...
  • Crankbrother
    Well according to Floyd and Tyler they do ... They are investigating the team and as Bruyneel also went on to DS another team starring Bertie chances are high that all the packs of cards used in the stack will come falling down ... Doesn't make sense to let AC get away scott free ... For a start it'll cop JB a better deal ...

I think everyone is away in an dream world where LA gets raped in jail and everyone else goes back to drawing rainbows and unicorns ...
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Doobz wrote:
    "Lance Armstrong is 'king screwed" Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyUP5oxKezc

Fixed that for you.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • They are investigating the team

Just to be clear, they are investigating the misuse of US Federal funds (in the form of sponsorship of USPS). What happened after Discovery Channel took over as sponsor is probably not of interest. When did AC sign for them?

Andy
  • Crankbrother
    I know the investigation is only USPS but there is no way that Discovery won't come up along the line ... and likely the other teams JB was involved in ... As I said above, the house of cards has around 12 jacks ...
  • I know the investigation is only USPS but there is no way that Discovery won't come up along the line ... and likely the other teams JB was involved in

With all due respect, as far as the American legal authorities are concerned, goings on at Discovery Channel are a side issue, and JB's other teams are of little or no interest to the matter at hand, namely criminal misuse of Federal funds.

While I am sure a lot of interesting things will be thrown up by this investigation, WADA/the UCI lack the judicial powers to force the truth out of people unlike the courts; somehow I think neither Hamilton nor (allegedly) Hincapie would have confessed to doping without the threat of custodial punishment for perjury if they didn't - a sanction the anti-doping authorities don't generally have.

Andy
  • Crankbrother
    I'm sure Popovych appreciates your respect ...
  • I'm sure Popovych appreciates your respect ...

I think the word you've overlooked is 'due' :-P

Andy
  • Crankbrother
    There can't be many synagogues in the Ukraine ...
  • There can't be many synagogues in the Ukraine ...

:roll:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I know the investigation is only USPS but there is no way that Discovery won't come up along the line ... and likely the other teams JB was involved in

I'd agree with you there. I think the only rider left from the USP days to ride on the 2007 Discovery team is Hincapie. And George doesn't seem the sort to volunteer 'bonus features'.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157

Umm, by the time the feds are finished with LA, he won't have a TdF record to defend.
  • Crankbrother
    Kind of my point ...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,207
    Bertie will probably already be banned in a couple of weeks so his reputation will already be in ruins without anything that comes out from the LA case. That said he will probably have plenty of time to come back and win a few more Tours. Let's face it there's no other rider who matches him for ability at present, the irony is he would probably win riding clean.