Spesh Hardrock Sport Disc 09 - upgrading to hydraulic discs?

paul the 6th
paul the 6th Posts: 33
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
So I'm still brand new to all this stuff but have the technical know how to bleeding brakes & how hydraulic systems work from servicing my motorbike.... but how do I go about upgrading the mechanically operated discs brakes on my '09 spesh hardrock sport to a hydraulic setup?

What makes are considered to be high quality? Are there complete kits which simply bolt on and replace the OEM setup? What about the master cylinder's, do they just bolt on to the handle bars? What sort of prices are we looking at for a front & rear upgrade?

Ta! Pt6

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    have a read of the topic in the FAQs,. there are standards for the mounts and the brakes fit.

you will need to check the gear shift is separate from the brake lever assy.

re bleeding the brakes, sorry throw what you know out of the window and download and read the manual for the brakes you get (if you dont receive any with them).

most require a slightly different procedure than you would guess.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cheers nick, I ran a search but couldn't find much, looked around for FAQ section but can't find it anywhere (unless I'm missing something obvious).. where abouts should I be looking?

thanks for the reply buddy, pt6
  • edit: just found it cheers!