La Morzine June 19th

Anyone going to be riding La Morzine sportive on June19th?

Anyone ridden it before and have some tips?

Is it possible to see how many are registered; or can someone give an idea of how many in a normal year and how easy it is to get a start at the front?

Looks like a tough course and I don't know the roads. Constantly mountainous from what I can see on the route profile, all kicking off with a massive climb from the start line.

Thanks, happy riding

Steve B

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Not going this year, but have done the last 2.

It's a really good route. Very tough. As poor as the website is, it's really well organised on the day.

but.... very small turnout, maybe 300-400, so getting to the front not an issue at all.

First time I did it, I found the back within 10 mins and spent a long day being followed by the broom wagon.
    exercise.png
  • sancho_panza
    sancho_panza Posts: 183
    oh, broom wagon doesn't sound so good - numbers a little smaller than the Marmotte sounds great though. Glad I should be able to get to the front but with the big climb straight off I'd better be quick.

Very keen - I live just on the other side of Lake Geneva and have just secured the use of a camper van for the weekend so it should be a fun weekend even if I do end up riding like a jessie! Looking at the category times on the website makes me think it's a seriously tough route.

Anyway, thanks for the info

Steve B