Peugeot 206 3dr - Roof Bars

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited May 2011 in MTB general
It anyone else unfortunate enough to have a 3 door Peugeot 206, but use roof bars and a bike carrier?

I keep seeing them for 3 doors, but I can only find instructions of how to fit 5 door ones.
They're different as the 5 door needs to have the door seal cut out at the back and there are already fixing points.

I only have the small window on mine and no seal to remove so can't see the fixing points...

Does anyone know how to fit a set of bars to the 3 door 206?

Comments

• chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    edited May 2011
    Monkey, I'm lucky enough to have a 3dr 206 (gti so at least i can have some fun in the bends).

The front roof bars are the same as 5 doors. Have you got those fitted? If not pull a bit of the door seal away in the middle at the top of the door. You may then find two slots in the tab seam that the seal attaches to. Underneath them are two threaded holes (which will have black sticky things covering them up if you havent used them before. If not just pierce them and remove so you can get the bolt in. I have pukka peugeot aftermarket bars and I have to unscrew the end parts, feed them through the slots and bolt them on (see item 4 in the first pic).

c7ak04vd.gif

It looks like the car has devil horns if you just leave them on (when i was regularly using my roofrack these lived on the car. It was then just one bolt each side to secure the rack. Replace the seal and the door will close around them. You then put the roof bar part between the two tabs and bolt it to these.

The rears are dead simple. Open the rear window and the rear roof bar sits on the top of the bodywork above the window on the corner of the roof. The roof bar has some sort of big shoulder pad things. Two thin metal straps then come down and sit between two little nodule things that are just visible when the rear windows are open. Make sure these are sitting flush with the bodywork or the window might not shut. Google found me this pic of the rears:

roof-rack-bars-peugeot-206-3-5-doors-98-no-sunroof-ams94-64110-p%5Bekm%5D524x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

Hope that helps. If you need me to go take some pics of mine let me know.

Chris
  • Ahh that makes sense.. did you get the one direct from pug or do you have a thule/aftermarket one?

I'm not too shabby with the 1.6 sport, but its the rattles that pisses me off :lol:
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    My roof bars are peugeot after market ones. Make sure you line the rear strap thing up between the two nodules (usually hidden by the black part of the window glass) and clamp it down nice and tightly!

The only reason i have the 206 is because my Dad used to work for them so it was HEAVILY discounted.

Yep it (well all of it) rattles. But considering mine has next to no suspension movement to speak of its not as bad as it could be. Crashes over every pot hole/ripple in the road, but thats why i love it, its like a big gokart. Just have to turn the music up a bit more if the rattles do your head in.....
  • Nice one cheers Chris!
  • Nice one cheers Chris!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    my brother used to have a 206 gti.....man that suspension was harsh :lol:
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    welshkev wrote:
    my brother used to have a 206 gti.....man that suspension was harsh :lol:

well it was lowered 50mm on 17's and it was french. I bought a roof rack for mine then took it back 2 hours later after being told it wouldn't fit as i had the sliding full glass sunroof.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth