Bike facilities at Leeds University?

straas
straas Posts: 338
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
I'm aware that this is aimed at a pretty narrow spectrum (if any) of this forum but you never get anything without asking.

I'm starting a course at leeds in September time and am currently looking at areas to live in, which is another story in itself...

What I'd quite like to know is the state of bike facilities at leeds uni, I'm aware they have some showers and external racks - but knowing how much thieves love a good rummage in student areas facilitates a need for covered bike storage.

I've had a little look at their BUG but doesn't really tell you much about this, so was hoping for a user experience.

Do they have any? and how easy is it to gain access?

Thanks in advance for any help
FCN: 6

Comments

• Compost
    Compost Posts: 63
    Facilities are good and there will be more investment next year.

Free showers etc in the uni gym before 8, showers in some buildings. Bike cages, single bike boxes to rent and loads of bike racks.

Some nice bikes parked around campus as well. Usual theft problems if not locked properly or left overnight but ok for me - cycle commuting for 4 years.

Enjoy!
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Live as close to the Skyrack as possible
    <a>road</a>
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564

ah, memories :)

I vaguely recall being outside the 'rack after my last exam (but that was in 1986...)
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    el_presidente - tell us about your run in with the law outside the Skyrack :wink:
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Don't forget to get your jabs and check you've got the right Visa in your passport prior to moving to the People's Republic of Yorkshire.

And remember: they aren't being rude, that's what counts for wit up there.

<<RUNS>>

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    Gussio wrote:
    el_presidente - tell us about your run in with the law outside the Skyrack :wink:

#the law won#
    <a>road</a>
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    SecretSam wrote:
    Don't forget to get your jabs and check you've got the right Visa in your passport prior to moving to the People's Republic of Yorkshire.

And remember: they aren't being rude, that's what counts for wit up there.

<<RUNS>>

Leeds is in WEST Yorkshire. the People's Republic is SOUTH Yorkshire.

bloody foreigners..... (says me)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited July 2011

A great pub for those aged 18 to 21 and already pissed on arrival. I prefer the Oak or Woodies :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    ^ Ahhhh...the Original Oak. Do they still have a bowling green next door? I love that pub.
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    I did Engineering so lived in The Packhorse
    There is no secret ingredient...