Stolen Boris Bike

bdave262000
bdave262000 Posts: 270
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Spotted my first stolen Boris Bike yesterday being ridden around the back streets of Kingston by some oik who works in the supermarket. Had all the Barclays branding stripped of it. I wonder if there is a reward scheme for information leading to an arrest :D
Fat lads take longer to stop.

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Ha! That's like nicking a double decker to commute on and hoping nobody notices - what a numpty.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    lol yeah, don't think he'll last long.

Saying that - if he's making a statement and setting up an alternative "free bike" system whereby anyone can borrow his nicked bike for short journeys then fair play. Doubt it somehow.
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    im not up with these "Boris bikes" but, to lend them do you have give credit card details or something?

if so someones going to get a shock when they get their statement
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Yes if you don't return it you get charged £300 possibly plus a £50 hire charge for 24hrd rental.

However I assume said pikey will have used stolen card to release teh bike in the first place
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    either that or someone has parked the borisbike to get a newspaper, come bank to find it missing....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    here in farringdon I've seen people d-lock boris bikes up on street furniture and go into work.

baffling. there's 2 docking points within less than 2 minutes ride as well
    Hat + Beard
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    edhornby wrote:
    either that or someone has parked the borisbike to get a newspaper, come bank to find it missing....

I should think this is the most likely scenario. Should have reported it to the police or Serco or whoever it is who manages the BoBike scheme...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.