Buckled my electrons

boggyass
boggyass Posts: 221
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
i know I'm not the lightest guy around but I id expect my campy electrons to withstand my weight for couple of days whilst my proper commute bike was getting ready. The electrons are on my new build and I wasn't gonna get on it till I had shed 2 stone before I thought it would be safe to get on it. But I thought couple days of safe riding and avoiding pot holes would be good enough, but no, I noticed yesterday that the rear wheel is way out, with the rubber touching the stay at one point and what looks like a buckled spoke. Admittedly it is a 2nd hand wheel set but is this normal? It seemed ok when I put it on the bike and rode the first day.

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    boggyass wrote:
    is this normal?

No, you're a disgusting freak and I pity my eyes for setting upon your repulsive form. :wink:
  • Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    From what I have read some of the older silver model had issues with drive side spokes. The newer black (turn of the century) ones are more robust, but still at ten years old might have been hammered.

If they keep on doing this then it might be an idea to have them rebuilt if there the rims have enough life left in them. I have had a back wheel that kept on snapping spokes/coming out of true and was fine once rebuilt.
  • boggyass
    boggyass Posts: 221
    these are the black ones. rebuilding would be a good option as rims are in good order.

If I saw myself in my lycra with my middle aged gut, I would pitty my own eyes!! Its all about the tuck!