one big playground...

mtb crazy
mtb crazy Posts: 245
edited May 2011 in MTB general
I am so into MTB'ing now that im constantly on the lookout for new things i can ride. even when im walking down the road and i see a big grass verge ill try it out next time i ride! does anyone else do this or am i abit obsessed?! :P i mean i will try and ride anywhere i can..... even on flat bits i practise going crazy.

Comments

• popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    You are in honeymoon period, and I am jelaus. MTB-ing can crack your head bruva, nothing wrong with that.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • I have been jumping on my bike recently to pop to the shops to buy a pint of milk etc. The closest shop is about 300m away from the house but I usually manage a minimum of 2 miles around the town riding down steps, up and down grassy embankments etc! Its all good fun bunny hopping speed bumps etc.
    AUT PAX AUT BELLUM
    My Kayaking Blog http://naefearjustbeer.wordpress.com/
  • mtb crazy
    haahahha im mad about it and female :wink: ive gone down some little steps for the first time the other day and it was kinda scary but fun at the same time! how do you bunny hop? i cant get the back wheel up at all despite watching videos and people explaining how to do it.
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    There are basically 3 ways to bunny hop.

1. Buy SPD's (cheating)
    2. Drop your toes and practice lifting the back wheel, whlist keeping the front on the ground, then combine lifting the front and back (not a lot of height, but better than nothing)
    3. Real bunnyhops. Lift the front wheel till you are nearly manualling (rolling balanced on the back wheel without pedalling) and then scooping the back up whilst keeping your weight central so the bike fly's level.

I can only do number 2, but it kinda works well enough.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    I'm 37 and today I rode down a really steep slope that I spotted when I was about 12. It's long, uneven, narrow, hidden by long grass, with a cliff on one side and a wire fence on the other. Both a mate and myself fell at the same point. In the nettles. We just happened to be riding in the area when I remembered it.

Anyway, that's at least 25 years that I've been seeing stuff and thinking "wouldn't it be cool if I could ride down that ?".

Perfectly normal :D
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • http://youtu.be/WanN2meoEKw I find this a good bunny hop tutorial
    AUT PAX AUT BELLUM
    My Kayaking Blog http://naefearjustbeer.wordpress.com/
  • mtb crazy
    thats a good video thanks. the one i watched before wasnt as informative so hopefully this should help.
  • mtb crazy
    Hucking Fell, that sounds fun but a tad scary too!! i always fall in nettles when im out haha clumsy i am and a newbie so dont always get the right lines!