If you can read this you are a heathen

cooldad
cooldad Posts: 32,599
edited May 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Obviously not one of the chosen.

Heathen

I'm a nutcase.com

"My favourite pastime is raccoon hunting," Mr Larsen told CNN. "I've had to give that up. But this task is far more important."
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You know the really sad thing is that these people will more than likely remain "believers" even when it becomes apparent nothing has changed.
  • cooldad
    Says his radio station is worth $120 million. We're obviously in the wrong business.
    Ironically I am an ordained minister in the USA and can legally carry out marriages etc.
    Hallelujah brothers I'm coming to save you.

Disclaimer I am an atheist, just did it to show how easy it is in my other life on a sceptics forum.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    In the wrong business, probably, but I just couldn't live with myself conning people to that extent.
    Mind you, if you re-worded it to suggest that we were redistributing the wealth from the ignorant and stupid to the not-ignorant-and-stupid, then maybe my rather freeform moral compass would be fine with that.
  • cooldad
    And there are a hell of a lot of ignorant people out there.
    Still couldn't do it though.
    Couldn't keep a straight face long enough.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,712
    redistributing the wealth from the ignorant and stupid to the not-ignorant-and-stupid
    The National Lottery has a decent go at doing that - at least the first bit anyway.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    redistributing the wealth from the ignorant and stupid to the not-ignorant-and-stupid
    The National Lottery has a decent go at doing that - at least the first bit anyway.
    Not quite in the same vein though. At least with the Lottery there is a slim chance that they will get their money back. This is demonstratably true by the fact that people DO win it on a fairly regular basis.

With My idea however, there is no way in hell the ignorant and stupid would ever get it back. It's for their own good, they'd just hurt themselves :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    At least with the Lottery there is a slim chance that they will get their money back. This is demonstratably true by the fact that people DO win it on a fairly regular basis.

With My idea however, there is no way in hell the ignorant and stupid would ever get it back. It's for their own good, they'd just hurt themselves :twisted:
    Slim chance - hmm, would you bet on a nag if had a 14 million to one chance of winning? You gotta give the thickos a reason to play. They don't call the Lottery a 'tax on stupidity' for nothing
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    So are the people who win once a fortnight or so thickos?
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    I've kept a record of times I've bought a lottery ticket or scratchcard, and the results of doing so. Over the 7 years since I turned 16, I'm running on a small profit of about £20.

Not bad for something I do just because I can't be bothered to carry any change around.
  • Stevo_666
    So are the people who win once a fortnight or so thickos?
    Jammy thickos.
  • Anonymous
    :lol:
    Still, I maintain that there IS a chance of them getting rich. Btu not in my plan.
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2011
    Still, I maintain that there IS a chance of them getting rich. Btu not in my plan.
    The tiny chance is just how you get them to give their money away as it doesn't look that hard to guess six numbers right, if you can't do the maths on how likely you are to win. Which at 14 million to one against each week is about once every 269,000 years :)

So how are you going to part the tracksuited underclass from their giro money?
  • Anonymous
    Tiny chance or not, someone seems to win it around once a fortnight, no?

Hmm, how to remove money from fools.
    Dunno yet. some kind of shampoo or hair care product seems a good bet. They seem to pass away so much complete bullorks as "science" on their ads that I'm sure people will buy anything with a technical sounding bit of jargon.
  • Stevo_666
    Not denying it. 1 lucky thicko, 13,999,999 well, just thickos. It's like the bookies, but the odds are so massively tilted against you that you're better off betting on something else.

You didn't answer my question about your cunning plan....
  • Anonymous
    Yes I did, the shampoo idea.
    Still need to formulate a plan though.

Or, I could sell a "special" brake fluid for rich, dumb MTBers, that does not expand when heated*

*provided all the air is removed from the system

• *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185

Shiny bicycle parts.....
  • cooldad
    Tiny chance or not, someone seems to win it around once a fortnight, no?

Dunno yet. some kind of shampoo or hair care product seems a good bet. They seem to pass away so much complete bullorks as "science" on their ads that I'm sure people will buy anything with a technical sounding bit of jargon.

Or Nutlube.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Got it...
    Bottled water.

I could even call Dakine and Camelbak, send them a sample to test it's safe in their bladders (which of course it would be), then I could also put
    "Officially supported by Camelbak and Dakine" on the bottle!
  • cooldad
    Bottled water? It'll never catch on.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools