Castell Coch - Cardiff 22nd May.

msp1
msp1 Posts: 59
edited June 2011 in MTB rides
Thinking of venturing there tomorrow, apparently there's some good singletrack to be found. Found this route on mapmyride http://www.mapmyride.com/s/routes/view/bike-ride-map/united-kingdom/cardiff/93213

Is this a good route? Anyone else going tomorrow?

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i won't be there mate but the riding there is supposed to be good..have a good one :D
  • msp1
    Cheers, normally do the trail centres but fancy doing some natural trails while the weather permits.
  • brad_boy
    brad_boy Posts: 13
    it's great up there, loads of trails and to be honest it's so much better than trail centres
  • msp1
    brad_boy wrote:
    it's great up there, loads of trails and to be honest it's so much better than trail centres

Went there yesterday, had an ok day but feel I missed some trails. Will post up my route tomorrow in the hope someone can point me in the right direction. There's a decent looking trail on YouTube called castell coch short downhill, anyone know where it is as I didn't find it?
  • msp1
    Here's the route I took, started at the castle and headed NW along the edge of the golf club and then up to Watford Road. On the way back played about in the woods, descending each time to the castle entrance.

There are 2 other woods shown on the map, Wenallt on the far right and I forget the name of the wood in the middle. If anyone can plot some descent routes/trails on here it will be greatly appreciated.

Also the location of this trail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C8N_GJnhi0

Castell%20Coch.jpg
  • Went there yesterday, had an ok day but feel I missed some trails. Will post up my route tomorrow in the hope someone can point me in the right direction. There's a decent looking trail on YouTube called castell coch short downhill, anyone know where it is as I didn't find it?[/quote]

I have watched the video and I don't know the trail, thought I knew that area well.

I'm riding this weekend and will be going up there. Fancy tagging along?
  • msp1
    I'm hoping to go out on Sunday morning , I've had a PM from another forum member who knows the whereabouts of the short downhill section and is also looking to share his local knowledge. I will contact him today and see how he is fixed for Sunday, how about 10:30am?