Epicon 2011 pressure adjustment

bonezy
bonezy Posts: 129
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Greetings all,
Forgive this, it may be a daft question but here goes...
I have recently bought a pair of Suntour Epicon 2011 forks, remote lock out, standard QR axle.
It's all fitted on the bike, ready to go. However, as I come to adjust the sag, I can't figure out where the valve is. I've checked the Suntour website, including exploded views, and it states that it's underneath an alloy cap on the left stancion; e.g
147766321_full.jpg
However, I cannot shift the cap, turn it or otherwise; there's nothing to grip. Someone tell me I'm going crazy and that there's something I'm missing here, please! It looks to me like there should be some sort of plastic grip on top of the alloy cap, so you can get some purchase to turn it.

Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is there in the picture on the top of the left leg.

or is that not your fork?

Pics of your fork.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • bonezy
    That's not my fork but it is identical. I know the valve is underneath the alloy cap, the problem I have is getting the cap off...
  • nicklouse
    unscrew it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • bonezy
    That's the problem, it won't budge
  • nicklouse
    use more force.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    pliers and plusgas
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Haven't got anything to add to the thread, but man, those forks look so trick with the white crown and alloy cap.
  • Just to clear up... its the gold cap that you should unscrew... the top picture is taken from the back of the forks!

There's 3 finger grooves in it, so maybe add a bit of downward pressure while turning?
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    Just to clear up... its the gold cap that you should unscrew... the top picture is taken from the back of the forks
    The pic's taken from the front isn't it? The brace is at the front and on my epicons the lockout is on teh right leg and valve on the left. But yes, undo the gold knob like Northern Monkey said.
  • Just to clear up... its the gold cap that you should unscrew... the top picture is taken from the back of the forks
    The pic's taken from the front isn't it? The brace is at the front and on my epicons the lockout is on teh right leg and valve on the left. But yes, undo the gold knob like Northern Monkey said.

I meant the top right picture?

But yeah, the gold cap lol.
  • bonezy
    Cheers boys, seems my broken finger has weakened me more than I would like to admit. A bit of GT85 and a good bit of pressure and it's come off.