just back in the saddle , whos from the west midlands

star-trails
star-trails Posts: 68
edited June 2011 in MTB beginners
me and my gf just got back in the saddle after a good few years so would love to know whos local , we are in walsall

Comments

• mintsauce5
    mintsauce5 Posts: 193
    I'm in bloxwich
  • whitestar1
    whitestar1 Posts: 530
    Well you know me now :wink:
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    I'm in Pensnett and ride with Stourbridge CC and am often at the Kinver DH course. If anybody wants showing round, get in touch.
  • star-trails
    anybody know of any good off road areas near us
  • djames77
    djames77 Posts: 164
    I'm in Pensnett and ride with Stourbridge CC and am often at the Kinver DH course. If anybody wants showing round, get in touch.

Might take you up on this soon. I'm from amblecote and only really ride the canals and some local woods as I don't know of any local trails
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    djames77 wrote:

Might take you up on this soon. I'm from amblecote and only really ride the canals and some local woods as I don't know of any local trails
    PM me to sort out a date.
  • steamboat
    steamboat Posts: 54
    im from rugby :cry:
  • Big Bloke
    Big Bloke Posts: 6
    I'm from Bilston (back garden fence is Willenhall though!).
    Giant Trance X4 2010
    Trek 4500 2005
    Shwinn Sierra 1998
  • star-trails
    is that good or bad.lol
  • Big Bloke
    Big Bloke Posts: 6
    Lol..makes me think carefully about keeping the bikes secure :shock:
    I'm right near the canal (Darlaston) so it opens up quite a bit of off road cycling :D
    Giant Trance X4 2010
    Trek 4500 2005
    Shwinn Sierra 1998
  • star-trails
    my hubby was brought up near you i think
  • bonezy
    bonezy Posts: 129
    South Birmingham here, regularly up at Cannock and I'll be giving the Malverns a blast as soon as my broken little finger heals... :(
  • Frodo1095
    Frodo1095 Posts: 252
    Used to live in Bloxwich, now live in Rotorua NZ, much better MTB'ing here.
    http://www.riderotorua.com/index.php

Should give it a try :D
  • whitestar1
    whitestar1 Posts: 530
    Frodo1095 wrote:
    Used to live in Bloxwich, now live in Rotorua NZ, much better MTB'ing here.
    http://www.riderotorua.com/index.php

Should give it a try :D

Such a show off :lol:
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
    http://www.whitestar1.co.uk
  • toxic 2
    toxic 2 Posts: 7
    yep i live in bloxwich too
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    Willenhall/Bilston border too, there's nothing much known aside from Cannock Chase however I'd be strongly inclined to take a look around the countryside borders and find some tracks/bridleways as there is some little gems if you're prepared to session places ;)
  • star-trails
    where else do you go then ryan
  • Ryan Jones
    I don't ride half as much as I should do but mainly cannock chase, around the countryside in the area and occasional wales trips.........I don't drive at the moment so I've got to try being creative :lol:
  • louthepoo
    louthepoo Posts: 223
    I live in Wednesfield and have just taken up mountain biking after a few years of road riding. the only place i know around here is cannock chase and i dont know that very well - enough to get lost!!

Need to get out there and get this belly off!
    Riding a Merida FLX Carbon Team D Ultralite Nano from Mike at Ace Ultra Cycles, Wednesfield, Wolverhampton 01902 725444
  • Im in shrewsbury. keep meaning to try out cannock chase but havent yet.
    been to llandegla a few times though.
    If in doubt - flat out!
  • Alright Steve im up in Ellesmere ive just got back into riding in the last couple of months been to llandegla and cannock chase recently loving the return!
  • sweet man, im just down the road in myddle. im relatively new too. used to do loadsa riding in teens but been out for few years n put on loadsa weight, need to shift it.

what is cannock chase like? good for newbies? technical? steep? easy to find and follow?
    If in doubt - flat out!
  • yeah its not bad i used to ride it loads when i lived in stafford i did follow the dog last week with my mate from stafford and had a blast i just couldnt stop laughing! i try and go after work as i work in newport and meet him up there then get home for around 9

other than that pretty easy going some medium hills i did struggle the first time round but that was after a break of a few years
  • Ryan Jones
    Cannock Chase is okay for beginners, the follow the dog is pretty tame and there isn't much climbing overall certainly not like some welsh trail centres that's for certain ! The monkey run is the one to watch as the downhill section can get rather fast and the trademark Cannock Chase "bombholes" will punish anyone who dares go too fast at them (myself included :lol: )
  • I'm from Great Wyrley. Any of you guys from Bloxwich fancy a week-night ride?