Shropshire Highlands Challenge

rdt
rdt Posts: 869
Just got my entry for this on 19th June:
http://www.shropshirehighlandschallenge.co.uk/

...which is a bit of a cross between an audax and sportive in one of the very nicest parts of this country. Only 66 miles, albeit fairly hilly (6000 feet), on picturesque quiet roads and lanes. Bargain price: £8.50 including some food en route.

Rode this several years ago and it was a very friendly affair. I managed to get in a group of a few local lads who knew the roads like the back of their hands, but that didn't stop us making some great big, err detours, and overtaking the same slower people several times. :oops: :lol:

I think there's 500 entries max, and my number shows there's only about a hundred left. Good camping to be had from the start location in Ludlow, but we're going for b&b this time and making a weekend of it.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    I was there last year and had a ball. But clashes with other commitments this year :(
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Yes must get my entry off sharpish. Local roads and never done this before as always clashed with a holiday :oops:
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.