First Crash. Ouch!!!

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited May 2011 in The bottom bracket
Bollocks.

Just had some bloody pedestrian walk right out in front of me :shock:

Tried to swerve but still hit him dead on.

He went flying backwards and I hit the deck hard on my left hand side. Looking at my Garmin i was only going at 30kph at the time so could have been a lot worse.

Thankfully no cuts or bones broken on either of us. He was very apologetic,again it was the SMIDSY. I on the other hand must have used every swear word under the sun at him!!!

Once the red mist went and I could see that I had no major issues i did apologise for the language.

As I rode off I could see that my left STI and drops were bent and I thought the worst but upon closer inspection they seem to have just swivelled round.

Now the adrenaline is wearing off my left elbow and calf is starting to hurt and i think tomorrow could be quite painful.

Think i need to head to Sigma Sport to smooth the pain :wink:

Comments

• GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Where there's blame, there's a claim.

He did it on purpose. I witnessed the whole thing (for a 15% cut).

On a separate note, this is why we should be allowed to ride on the pavement, to avoid all the idiots on the roads (sorry Philthy3).
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    ha ha thats like deja vu, I had a similar thing happen a few years back, some guy and a dog walk out straight into a cycle path. Exactly the same sentiments felt, we could start a new thread and compare swear words.

I bet like me your first thioughts were for the bike though.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    That's ironic, he was just going to see if Edgwarebury Lane was open!!

Glad you're OK.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    That's how I broke my hip.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    So bloody angry because of the pure luck that I broke no bones.

My ass, hip and leg is really sore now :(

Time to have a belgium blonde
  • donkykong
    donkykong Posts: 160
    ice, ice baby