Bugger....what a week

dm38
dm38 Posts: 47
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
Monday started with falling off my bike after skidding to avoid a kid who literally bolted into a main road - luckily I wasn't run over the process as the car behind me swerved in the same direction to also avoid the kid - some scrapes and bruising but nothing broken.

As I approached some traffic lights on Wednesday morning a fire engine came up behind with it's sirens going so I veered right to get out the way, as did the rest of the traffic. However once traffic started moving again a big scaffolding truck behind me was clearly annoyed that I was too far right (not much else I could have done apart from cause an obstruction or risk getting flattened by a speeding fire engine), his passenger started screaming the usual abuse which I ignored and then once we got to the traffic lights up in liverpool street he took his latte or whatever milk based hot drink it was and threw it all over me. I have the name of the compnay which is quite big and the vehicle registration if I want to make a complaint but something inside me thinks it will be pointless - a scaffolding company means he will probably just get brownie points.

And finally cycling home on my usual route I got chased by a pack of dogs - not something I expect to happen in London! - one caught up to me and attached itself to my leg and foot. I was cleaned up by a nurse at the minor injury clinic as he got in quite deep and left it extremely swollen and bruised. I still don't know whats worse - the bite and bruising or the pain from the tetanus jab as it was a dog from a travelling community and the police were concerned that it wasn't up to date with it's vaccinations. And finally something bad enough to get me off my bike and onto public transport - which is more uncomfortable at rush hour in summer than having a dog attached to your leg.

At least I still have all my arms, legs, fingers and toes.

Comments

• hakko
    hakko Posts: 34
    Throwing that drink on you is assault.

Which company was this?
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Quite a week......

Can't help thinbking the gipo's dog and the scaffolding man are related....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Did you turn down an offer to purchase a 'lucky' sprig of heather by any chance?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    hakko wrote:
    Throwing that drink on you is assault.

Which company was this?

What he said.

Report it to the police. Knuckle draggers like that deserve to have the book thrown at them IMO.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Not a nice week at all,here's a song for the weekend to cheer you up.

http://youtu.be/yLhaTzMyGhM