BELL range of stuff in ASDA?

lvquestpaddler
lvquestpaddler Posts: 416
edited May 2011 in MTB general
Has anyone had a look at the bike accessories in ASDA- I've just bought 3 top quality bottles(PLUScages) for £4 each. They've got loads of other stuff- a basic velcro strapped bar bag-£7, Kevlar MTB tyres £10(trying to find a review is difficult they might be crap), a very good looking track pump with gauge £13, Padded mitts and gloves at £8 plus loads of other stuff(helmets/inner tubes/lights/locks/ even a combined bell/compass- don't want the bell but a mini compass on the bars could be handy at £4!) which considering the brand is really cheap. I get plently from Aldi/Lidl but this is competition!
Puncture proof slime filled innertubes for £4 might be worth a punt....

Comments

• http://direct.asda.com/Bike-Accessories ... &sz=21&fix

Some of it but not the wee fiddly bits like brake blocks etc.....
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    They've had that stuff for years.
  • mtb crazy
    mtb crazy Posts: 245
    ASDA doing mtb acessories ive never seen them in my local one.... then again i havent been in to look. would it be worth getting a helmet from there or too cheap and cheerful?
  • NormalD
    NormalD Posts: 145
    I've had a couple of pairs of gloves and a saddle bag over three years and the quality is fantastic.
    £8 for gloves when others are charging £30 or even £15 is a steal.
    Normal Disk 2009

Genesis Equilibrium Tiagra 2011

FCN 10 (only cycle in once a week though)

Alfa 156 SW
  • I have the track pump. It's pretty good. Much better build quality than the Aldi/Lidl ones.
  • jamienorton
    jamienorton Posts: 182
    dont get the self adhesive punture kit, basically round cuts of sellotape that come off as soon as you pump up the tyre
  • DuFFs1989
    DuFFs1989 Posts: 4
    yeah my local store has a decent range, also lidl got some new stuff in the other day, but not been in myself to check it out