Bestest compliment ever....

Comments

• nomadicbry
    nomadicbry Posts: 223
    i claimed the scalp of a fully kitted out roadie on london Bridge whilst riding a Boris bike he as you'd expect came after me and caught me at the red traffic lights. He came alongside and said well done you were doing 21mph I've never seen anyone go that fast on a Boris bike… I was quite pleased with myself and it was a nice compliment from the dude…
    Enough bikes to open a bike shop but always room for one more...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    I got told I had an enlarged liver by a Doctor.

That's great, cos I drink fookin loads I told him...

:lol:

Ace!

@g66 actually all in the cloud these days :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    itboffin wrote:
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    I got told I had an enlarged liver by a Doctor.

That's great, cos I drink fookin loads I told him...

:lol:

Ace!

@g66 actually all in the cloud these days :wink:

Harder to get caught that way is it?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,776
    I was told my legs are eye candy by the receptionist this morning. Not a Hambones type receptionist. More like the woman in the Tom & Jerry cartoons. Oh well...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I get woah you're massive a bit.. :lol:

nice tattoos from all sorts of people,
    nice legs
    Loads of people comment about the mills (one added another I've been trying to catch you for ages but you're too fast lucky these lights were here)
    etc etc

oh and last week "Wow that was a great jab I felt my nose crack then"

yeah, I'm pretty awesome :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Had a guy say my bike was "sick" this morning

ive just goggled this an it turns out it means that he must have liked it
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Mark Bom
    Mark Bom Posts: 184
    Cycling through the small tunnel into Heathrow airport with a car behind me.

The window opened as it passed me on the other side and the passenger leant out and shouted, "Wow, you were going SO fast".
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I get asked for ID in bars quite a lot for a balding 33 year old.

:D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    Every time somebody on a geared road bike tell me they couldn't keep up with me on the fixie (not that often in fairness.)

And when I got told that 4 1/2 hours for 70miles miles on the same fixie was actually a bloody good time.

The other day, when the boss told me I was by far the most talented design engineer in the company, not sure if that means the others are expecially bad or what though.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    When the guy from my LBS asked me if Cancellara knew I'd "borrowed his legs", after I gave him a bit of a rinsing on my SS, he was on his Ti speed machine at the time!
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    I did once receive a compliment on the quantity of my....errr.... "man juice"!!!!!! :D
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Mark Elvin wrote:
    I did once receive a compliment on the quantity of my....errr.... "man juice"!!!!!! :D

They say that to everyone at the sperm bank ;-)

So I've been told :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Following a group photo after last year's CityRace, a collegue emailed asking
    'Do you have a license for those legs.......?'

I'm assuming it was a compliment
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    A whispered "see what I mean about his legs" by a girl to her mate when I was at Uni (I was wearing shorts) - I think it was a positive comment!

And...

"You've got lovely eyes..." with that "...and I'm going to make them pop out of your head in a minute" intonation. Sadly, the moment passed...damn...

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I was doing some ice-sculpting recently while gently singing some opera when a group of children and young mothers drifted towards me in some kind of transendental daze and uttered, while weeping, "you are the messiah".
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I was doing some ice-sculpting recently while gently singing some opera when a group of children and young mothers drifted towards me in some kind of transendental daze and uttered, while weeping, "you are the messiah".

Again..?!

:roll:
  • bam49
    bam49 Posts: 159
    I had some young girls ( prob upp 6th formers), shout out ' nice arse mate ' ( in a posh accent ), on a ride into Windsor last year - not sure what they thought as they passed and saw how old I am but it made me feel good all day ...
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    A compliment about my track driving made to my mate as he watched me doing some laps by a former multiple scottish saloon car champion. Made me smile a bit.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Bike related:

The final part of my commute home is through a park and usually plenty of dog-walkers, joggers etc.

Riding towards two females and one whispered to the other. Don't know what she said, probably something like he's a bit old to be riding a bike but I heard her mate's reply which was

"yeah but look at the size of his thighs though"

Still cheers me up when I think about it :)
    FCN = 4
  • Stiff_Orange
    Stiff_Orange Posts: 218
    A couple of years ago, I lost a lot of weight and got very toned and fit doing a lot of climbing.
    One of the guys I worked with was very friendly with one of the PA's and he told me that quite a few of the female members of staff had been checking me out.
    So I went out that weekend and got some tight fitting (italian style) trousers to show of the goodies, and used to take little detours around the building past areas where the PA's and secretaries worked. It was like meercats as the heads would pop up from behind computer screens.
    If you got it, flaunt it, baby!
  • 15peter20
    15peter20 Posts: 293
    tumblr_l992rkpxqN1qze1jro1_500.jpg
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Last Thursday two young lassies pulled up next to me whilst I was sat at a set of lights. The passenger then asked if I was wearing "bungi smugglers"? Anyway after a bit of giggling we both set off, me a bit more spritely than normal (well there were two young ladies eyeing me up) the passenger then shouted at the top of her voice "your a*rse is well fit mate". Looks like those hard winter miles have paid off. :D
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    This morning I got a yell of:

GO GO Power Rangers
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Tonymufc wrote:
    "bungi smugglers"?

Budgie smugglers aka speedo's

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=budgie%20smugglers
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Tonymufc wrote:
    "bungi smugglers"?

bungeecords.jpg

?
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    Not sure it was a compliment, but a rather pretty girl in a car once shouted "pedal faster fat boy" at me. :oops:
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    I had a science report at school that read.... Effort A+, Attainment A+, Comments - Could do better. :lol:
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Waiting at a set of traffic lights on the bike, 2 females and a little boy walks past, little boy says "my Mum just told her friend you have a nice arse"....cue red faces!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Waiting at a set of traffic lights on the bike, 2 females and a little boy walks past, little boy says "my Mum just told her friend you have a nice ars*"....cue red faces!

Total class!

Was waved at by a bus full of 6th form girls last night

Pathetic, but I put the hammer down and overtook them.

Once they were out of sight I collapsed in a heap :oops:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    Best compliment ever I got from a chap on a hiking holday, I was 16.
    "you are young and fit but will not be able to do all that distance and climbing in only one week".
    I had already done it in one day.

Or on honeymoon in Fort Williams. From BB manager:
    "You will need the full day to climb Ben Nevis. No, you can' do it in a morning"
    Next morning I get up early, climb and got back and I was ready for late breakfast at 10:30. "I've done it"