It's Friday-I'm going home the long way...

ChrisLS
ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
...'cause I haven't gotta get up tomorrow :D:lol: :P :)
...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    ChrisLS wrote:

You don't have kids do you.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Asprilla wrote:
    ChrisLS wrote:

You don't have kids do you.
    :lol:
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I've been up since 4.30am. Watched Countdown and Are you Smarter than a 10 year old with the wee man and then he went back down for a snooze just as I was donning my lycra.
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    i'm going home the quick way - new bike sitting in the hall waiting to be unboxed!!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I'm trying to decide whether (or more appropriately, weather) to take the Hard route home with 1400ft of climbing. It's hailing right now which might help me decide....

I have kids - but they're nearly all teenagers so I can lie in until midday and still beat them to the cornflakes.... :roll:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    Asprilla...no not young children...but I sympathise I can remember when they were young :roll:
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I've been up since 4.30am. Watched Countdown and Are you Smarter than a 10 year old with the wee man and then he went back down for a snooze just as I was donning my lycra.

Thats the worst......knowing that they are gonna drop and you have to go to work....
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It's hailing right now which might help me decide....:

So, pretty good weather for your parts then?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Hot Orange
    Hot Orange Posts: 157
    Managed a cheeky 4 miles to the pub and back at lunchtime, which means my usual route home will give me a 100-mile commuting week for the first time.
    Summer: 2012 Trek Madone 3.5
    Winter: 2013 Trek Crockett 5
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Well, I did the hard route after all - no rain but blowing a bloody gale - some real head-down grind - on the flat on the smaller ring (that's when you know it's windy)!

Still I was nearly 1mph faster than Wednesday.

The hard route is my new sig. 1460ft of elevation gain in 16.3 miles (2260ft for the RT)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Just had a pleasant zig-zag home via an odd permutation of lanes & villages, knocking up 33.5 miles instead of the usual 20. Nice, except for the wind on the last mile or so.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Yeh wind had picked up just before I got home.

Tomorrow will be epic sleep in after a 75 hr week :? followed by 3 x 11 mile laps of the local hills on different bikes of course (just for fun) then a lap on foot :?

Sunday will be 50-60 miles flat out FAST AS pootle mode will allow.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.