Scott Scale 20 rear mech dropout.HELP.

badger05
badger05 Posts: 3
edited May 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Scott Scale 20 carbon mtb. 2006 model. Had problem with the chain.A pin broke and stuck out of the chain.It caused the rear mech to nearly twist itself upside down.
I think it's slightly twisted the rear mech hanger/dropout.
Is this something that can be replaced and has anyone got a rough idea of the likely cost involved?
The frameset is carbon and the rear mech hanger/dropout is bonded on.
The hanger doesn't look vertical and is angled in from the bottom.

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    badger05 wrote:
    The frameset is carbon and the rear mech hanger/dropout is bonded on.

that is unusual as mech hangers are usually bolt-on and shows a lack of foreight on behalf of Scott.

are you able to post photo? or contact Scott? would it be under guarantee?

if it were my frame, I would look into maching the drop out/hanger to take a bolt on hanger - there are many models of hanger so there sold be one that would be good for your frame; assuming that the hadger cnanot be straightened (there is risk of breaking hte aloy anger and/or damaging the frame)
  • badger05
    badger05 Posts: 3
    I've tried to post photos and it won't let me.If i could have your email address i'll send them and you can then see what i mean.Won't be until tonight though.Got work now.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Post your pic in an external host (flikr, photobucket, tinypic etc) and post the link or image.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.