Search for Cannock Chase mates

whitestar1
whitestar1 Posts: 530
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Hi everyone
I would like to know if there are any members here from the Walsall, Bilston, Wolverhampton, Willenhall area in the West Midlands. Would like to know when you off to Cannock Chase - we could meet up?
Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
Specialized Roubaix Comp 2017
Cube Agree Pro 2014
Triban 7 2013
RockRider 8.0 2011
http://www.whitestar1.co.uk

Comments

• mintsauce5
    mintsauce5 Posts: 193
    i'm up the chase quite a bit , mainly in the week , anygood for you ?
  • jcmdanny
    jcmdanny Posts: 34
    im in wolves also just bought a new kona caldera 2011 and want to start going over chase too, possibly the weekend or one of the evenings.
  • mintsauce5
    i can do some evenings , depends on my shifts though , try to avoid weekends...bit busy :shock:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Check out the HOMBRES.

See the link in my sig.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • jcmdanny
    jcmdanny Posts: 34
    anyone over the weekend ?
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    I'm in Pensnett, near Dudley and I generally ride with Stourbridge CC for their off road rides and at the Kinver DH course. I'm not at the Chase as it's too far for me to ride to.
  • whitestar1
    I am thinking of going over the Chase at some time. Just got a bike rack. I am in the Bilston area closer to Walsall. Still need to get a reg plate and cross bar for my son's full suss then I am ready to go.
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
  • star-trails
    star-trails Posts: 68
    hi there , scott and amy here , we are from walsall
  • mintsauce5
    Let me know when your going up the chase , I'll try and get up as well :)
  • star-trails
    just building up my fitness but will def let you know when im capable.lol

where else do you go?
  • whitestar1
    just building up my fitness but will def let you know when im capable.lol

where else do you go?
    Hi ya all
    Great to know there are people from Walsall here! I communte to work every day so building up my fitness levels too. I really want to hit the Chase so if we all here on this tread can plan to meet that would be awesome. Still new to all this. My son (14yrs) and I have been mainly riding to Walsall and back. He want to go to the Walsall Arboretum on the bank holiday.

Ok lets say July/August? Too far?
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
  • whitestar1
    bails87 wrote:
    Check out the HOMBRES.

See the link in my sig.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Checked the sig and the Facebook page. I can't make it. Got to sort out the car and my son's bike. Next time I will be ready. I do like the idea of been in a group on the Chase.
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
  • star-trails
    ive done the arboretum a few times last year , its a great place to start , because if you know where to look there are some decent off road areas
  • Big Bloke
    Big Bloke Posts: 6
    Hi there! I ride locally around the canal network,Railway walk (Aldersley Stadium to Pensnett),Baggeridge/Himley Hall/Penn Common/Sedgley Beacon,Pattingham Loop,linking up all of the previous,almost all of road,as well as a couple of forays a month over the Chase..Rarely ride at weekends though (wife has a bouncy castle hire business so I help out when I'm not on duty).Do most of my riding during the week or on long commutes home,if any one wants some tips on decent routes...let me know :D
    Giant Trance X4 2010
    Trek 4500 2005
    Shwinn Sierra 1998
  • Alan P
    Alan P Posts: 127
    I get up there every other Sunday (late pm....usually start around 5pm) quite regularly and was up there yesterday.

I'm next planning to go 5th June, but I might be tempted on a weekday evening if anybody fancies a ride out.

Cheers
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
    Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    Glad to see I'm not the only Bilstoner who rides I was beginning to think I was ! Some great farm tracks I found over Seisdon way as well as some relatively interesting stuff around the back of baggeridge though the cycle loop is a tad unrideable :lol:

I found that there can be some nice little spots around town for a bit of practice as long as you're imaginative, locally the black path and the woods by moseley park (aka the fozza) spring to mind
  • star-trails
    not too much hear in walsall im afraid , which sucks
  • Big Bloke
    Big Bloke Posts: 6
    Ryan Jones wrote:
    Glad to see I'm not the only Bilstoner who rides I was beginning to think I was ! Some great farm tracks I found over Seisdon way as well as some relatively interesting stuff around the back of baggeridge though the cycle loop is a tad unrideable :lol:

I found that there can be some nice little spots around town for a bit of practice as long as you're imaginative, locally the black path and the woods by moseley park (aka the fozza) spring to mind
    I know the Fozza really well (grew up around the area).We used to ride over there on Tracker bikes ( adapted road bikes),this was the '70s,way before BMX or mountain bikes!!!
    Don't know the Black Path ?
    We've found some good bridle paths over The Bradshaws/Perton/Pattingham.We've not checked Seisdon out though. I'm now trying to keep away from the more gnarly stuff,I had a fairly bad off a fortnight ago (face first).Went over the chase yesterday and found myself bottling out at the werewolf and any rock gardens,stuff I'd normally be OK with. I don't heal as quickly now I'm approaching my 50s :cry:
    Giant Trance X4 2010
    Trek 4500 2005
    Shwinn Sierra 1998
  • whitestar1
    I was hoping to goto the Chase the bank holiday monday 29th but no lighting kit to fit the car. Was thinking of riding the 14 miles to the Chase but find that a bit daunting to think of. Would anyone do that?
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
  • whitestar1
    Big bloke and Ryan Jones raise a good point about Bilston. Any idea you could give more information on these places you are taking about? Any one else know of a good place to ride off road in Walsall/Wolverhampton/Dudley area?
    Ride Safe! Keep Safe!
    Cube Agree Pro 2014
    Triban 7 2013
    RockRider 8.0 2011
  • star-trails
    think you will be too knackered to enjoy it once you got there , i mad that mistake riding to sutton park